Ultra-AI firmware

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tried. This is the screenshot after updating the first firmware file.

This is the screen after updating the firmware.bin file.

Everything seems to work so far. I used the NP version not the PN version. I was assuming it has to do with PAL or NTSC but both versions are still options in the camera.

Last edited:

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Slacker Did you see any improvement, somewhere ? I were a bit worried about upgrading my 7442, since on the website, is clearly stated that this fw is for 7842 (even if, usually, are the same) ....

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Slacker Did you see any improvement, somewhere ? I were a bit worried about upgrading my 7442, since on the website, is clearly stated that this fw is for 7842 (even if, usually, are the same) ....
I honestly haven't looked through much of it to do testing but I noticed the Algorithm version changed from 2.05 to 4.05 so I assume that accuracy is improved in the AI functions.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Upgraded my 7442, same steps (and result) as @Slacker, later I'll check how the camera behaves ...

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey all, wanted to provide an update on my findings here.

Installed the latest update without a hitch (install wise) on the 7442. Nice thing is they didn’t cap bitrate (something I always look for after an update) which is great to see.

I did however notice some changes and thought I would document those below.

First is Face Detection

7442 Face Detection Before Update.jpg 7442_Face_Detection_After_Upgrade_Annotated 2.jpg

On the left is the old 2019-07-09 menu vs the new 2020-03-24 on the right. Noticeable difference is the addition of the snapshot options including Non-living feature (which warns you that it will reduce number of captures), Overlay Target Frame & Remove Duplicates. The latter allows a setting across a period of time

7442 Face Detection Snapshot Menu.jpg

The Face Detection menu now also features an Advanced option (above) which allows you to change angle filtering, sensitivity and quality threshold which allow you to dial in the type of end result you will see from a snap or face capture.

Second - Video Metadata / Structuralization

7442 Video Meta Before Update.jpg 7442_Video_Metadata_After_Update.jpg

Next up is Video Metadata again before is 2019-07-09 on the left and 2020-03-24 on the right. Noticeably here you gain Overlay Target Frame options which include Face, Human Body, Non-Motor Vehicle and Motor Vehicle Pics. Remove Duplicates is also present here as well. Worth noting that when you enable this the camera now warns you that snapshots will be disabled.

With all of that out the way, I am seeing an issue currently where recording to my trusty surveillance rated SD cards (used as backup) is not working well so will be testing further over the next few days and report back again. Reverted briefly back to 2019-07-09 and no issues there. Again, will continue to test and also test against the NVR too.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @Slacker, hope you are well. You should have 2 files the DH_IPC_NOBELxxxxxxxxx.bin and the Firmware.bin. Update using DH_IPC_NOBEL first then the firmware.bin
That worked fine for me but then when I updated to the May firmware from @EMPIRETECANDY the Smart Plan stopped working because of algorithm mismatch. I went back to the 0425 version mentioned by @redfive in this thread and Smart Plan started working again. I'm curious if there should be another firmware.bin file for the May firmware or why that had a problem.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Slacker my bad, I was originally looking at the April version :) I did install the May version as well and did see the algorithm mis-match. I've since tested (past 5 minutes) a new version of the firmware.bin file and that solves the issue. Specifically raising Algorithm to version 4.0.7. I let @EMPIRETECANDY know this solves the Algorithm mismatch issue and I'm sure he will update as soon as he can with the new version of this firmware.bin file (file also has the 5/25 date for reference).

HTH

That worked fine for me but then when I updated to the May firmware from @EMPIRETECANDY the Smart Plan stopped working because of algorithm mismatch. I went back to the 0425 version mentioned by @redfive in this thread and Smart Plan started working again. I'm curious if there should be another firmware.bin file for the May firmware or why that had a problem.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This firmware i have it, when flash will have an error ( algorithm mismatch ), i will post the guide how to update the firmware well and let you know.

Reaction score
@Slacker my bad, I was originally looking at the April version :) I did install the May version as well and did see the algorithm mis-match. I've since tested (past 5 minutes) a new version of the firmware.bin file and that solves the issue. Specifically raising Algorithm to version 4.0.7. I let @EMPIRETECANDY know this solves the Algorithm mismatch issue and I'm sure he will update as soon as he can with the new version of this firmware.bin file (file also has the 5/25 date for reference).

HTH
Hi Wildcat_1, I'm assuming the version of the NOBEL firmware you are referencing is: V2.800.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2020-05-25 I recently purchased an IPC-HDBW5842H-ZHE from Andy and it shipped with the firmware version I just referenced. I believe the 78XX and 58XX cameras both use the Nobel firmware. I am curious if this is the latest version you received?

And how would you describe your night time performance? I'm not impressed and in particular there appears to be no 'Smart IR' support in my firmware. Also my camera is a vari-focal version and my current firmware does not have a 'lock' setting on the focus and over a period of several hours I get a slight 'drift' of the focus, i.e. about 1 unit on the digital scale in the firmware. It's not much but I can perceive a slight reduction in focus in certain scenes. I have asked Andy about the Smart IR and focus lock issues on this series and he said he would pass my comments on to the Dahua engineers. Just wanted to know if you saw any similar issues.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Wildcat_1, I'm assuming the version of the NOBEL firmware you are referencing is: V2.800.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2020-05-25 I recently purchased an IPC-HDBW5842H-ZHE from Andy and it shipped with the firmware version I just referenced. I believe the 78XX and 58XX cameras both use the Nobel firmware. I am curious if this is the latest version you received?

And how would you describe your night time performance? I'm not impressed and in particular there appears to be no 'Smart IR' support in my firmware. Also my camera is a vari-focal version and my current firmware does not have a 'lock' setting on the focus and over a period of several hours I get a slight 'drift' of the focus, i.e. about 1 unit on the digital scale in the firmware. It's not much but I can perceive a slight reduction in focus in certain scenes. I have asked Andy about the Smart IR and focus lock issues on this series and he said he would pass my comments on to the Dahua engineers. Just wanted to know if you saw any similar issues.
Yes @sdwatachcam 2020-5-25. I don't see the issues you reference on my 7x42's but am more than willing to jump on your cam and take a look if you would like me to. Remember that you may see a 'drift' or focus shift as the cams are still (under the covers) operating in Auto focus and you may see this especially as light conditions change or you switch profiles. Unfortunately no 'true' manual focus except in some models as I mentioned for the new 5241 FW (Volt chipset)

Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY
I see an new firmware version: DH_IPC-HX8XXX-Nobel_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.14.R.210712 at dahuasecurity.com webpage for the IPC-DHBW5842H-ZHE. Do you know what has changed since the 2020-5-25 version that was previously available?