Unable to access HikVision camera via browser

Marian00

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW camera.
Everything seems to work just fine, except I cannot access it locally with the browser.

I can access and view it using iVMS-4200 or ONVIF Device Manager. I can ping it. I can change its settings. Just not with the browser.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Internet explorer. On Chrome and Firefox when I access http://192.168.0.200/ I get the message
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /
Is there a way around this issue? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

This is the SADP result:

Attachments

Marian00

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, my objective right now is to be able to view the recorded videos (stored on the memory card) from a web interface. Is there a way I can do that with the Batch Config Tool?

nambi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my cams, but I have a different model. When I purchased the cam they claimed I could web configure it, but I never was able to .

I use the batch configuration tool to do it now, all the same settings are in it, a bit more tedious but it will work.

as for viewing the vid, not sure how to. my cams are low grade didn't even come with the card slot.

dawid_SE

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys, the solution for your problems is actually more simple than you think - open the batch configuration tool, go to camera settings, maintenance and reboot the camera. After that all should be fine - at least it worked in my case

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you have to use IE, install Web Components, and run IE as an admin.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did that work? I installed an DS-HD1 doorbell cam. When I try the ip in IE webpage, I get a 404 error.
The camera connects to the android app and the NVR
You have to use onvif to get the streams, and you have to get the password for it to work.
I haven't worked on dumping the firmware since I got the password, but the cameras have been sitting in a box.