Unable to access Hikvision NVR from laptop

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
Right, really strange one this is.

Until tonight, I had no issues getting on to the web interface of my Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1/4P at all but I had instances where live view failed as did playback. I just got the "...failed" dialog in the bottom right corner.

To try and eliminate anything to do with the laptop, I switched off ZoneAlarm firewall and everything worked as expected so I switched it back on and it duly failed. Horray, I now whow in on the the right track.

With the firewall switched off again, I now find that all I get is a "cannot reach this page" error - I cannot even get to the web interface. This is the same with Internet Explorer and Firefox run on Windows 10.

Bearing in mind I have done nothing other than turn on the firewall and off again, something has gone seriously wrong somewhere.
My android phone and tablet can both see the NVR and play live video and playback files so the NVR itself appears ok.

SADP can see it and from that I can see that the HTTP port is 80 (as I would expect as it has not been changed!!). Tracert tells me the following:

Tracing route to Hikvision-NVR.home [192.168.1.250]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms Hikvision-NVR.home [192.168.1.250]

I can also ping (again as you would expect).

I have not enabled or disabled anything (other than previously described) by way of apps or programs nor have I changed any program or app settings.

Does anyone have the faintest idea of what is going on here? Why am I unable to access the web interface in my web browser from my laptop.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try power cycling both the NVR and laptop? You never know.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot - but I've seen plenty of similar apparently strange effects when updating firmware and the web layout has changed :
SADP can see it
As an experiment to eliminate the updated browser cache from the problem - temporarily make a small change to the NVR IP address, then double-click the IP address in SADP. Or if IE11 isn't the default browser, try the new IP address in IE11.

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
Intersting that after a reboot, IE started working again - strange that it bummed out one device but worked on others??!!??!!

Ah well, all working now.

Thanks for the suggestions.