Unable to add ONVIF Camera to XProtect Corporate and Don't KNow why

shelzmike

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try to make this as short as possible, but want to provide as many details as possible.

Currently running Milestone Corporate 11.1a, Device Pack 9.1b

This is a new install and we purchased about 80 ACTi cameras that have all been installed. Now comes the part of migrating the devices from our old Vicon system to this system. Our vendor told us at the very beginning of this project that our cameras would work with Milestone. They are ONVIF S. Vicon, model number V962B-IR922M.

When I try to add these, whether using auto-discovery or specifying ONVIF Compliant Device driver, I get a failed message:

Failed to detect or verify the hardware's driver, credentials, or address.

If I specify the driver, it fails very quickly. Have tried all manner of credentials (leaving just default, with no password, with the correct admin login, etc.).

I AM able to get it to add as universal which is better than nothing, but still the options are very sparse and I dont' see any reason why it couldn't be added as ONVIF.

Looking at the Mileston supported devices, I actually don't see this specific model, but I do see: V962B-IR312. After much reasarch, this camera model is exactly same in every way as the one I am trying to add except my version has a higher quality IR sensor and that is it. The V96X is a family and all share the same firmware and bios, etc. Therefore, even though my camera is not listed specifically, it shoudl work based on that fact. The firmware on my camera is higher than what is listed in the tested section.

I do have a newer model of Vicon camera that isn't even listed in the supported devices on Milestone's site, but it was auto-discovered just fine on the ONVIF Driver.

Time between the camera and the server is correct. Ensured audio on the camera is disabled. I am at a loss here as to why this won't connect when all the reasoning and logic tells me it should. Our vendor with whom our only support is provided is completely at a loss and has no idea why it isn't working, so that is no help. I feel that if I could force it to use that driver and it actually tried, it would actually work, not sure what else I can do or what I am missing here.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it is a remote camera, you have to forward the rtsp port. Local or remote, try adding the camera manually and select some generic drivers to find one that works.