Unable to Connect Remotely When using Authentication

Sinandgrin

n3wb
Reaction score
I am demoing the BI software and bought the iOS app for my phone. I have been able to set everything up so that I am able to connect within my LAN and outside of my LAN but only when I change the Web Server -> Advanced -> Authentication to: ‘No’. With this set to ‘All connections’ or ‘Non-LAN only’ I get, “ Login failed: LAN access only in the iOS app when attempting to connect.
Any thoughts here? I would like to make the switch to BI but this is a must have for me, I need to be able to access this from my iOS device outside of my network and I don’t want to allow anonymous connections to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

01.png

02.png

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am demoing the BI software and bought the iOS app for my phone. I have been able to set everything up so that I am able to connect within my LAN and outside of my LAN but only when I change the Web Server -> Advanced -> Authentication to: ‘No’. With this set to ‘All connections’ or ‘Non-LAN only’ I get, “ Login failed: LAN access only in the iOS app when attempting to connect.
Any thoughts here? I would like to make the switch to BI but this is a must have for me, I need to be able to access this from my iOS device outside of my network and I don’t want to allow anonymous connections to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 14180

View attachment 14181
welcome to the forum...it seems you have set the user to only have lan access...go to blue iris options>users> select the user and uncheck lan only..

Sinandgrin

n3wb
Reaction score
welcome to the forum...it seems you have set the user to only have lan access...go to blue iris options>users> select the user and uncheck lan only..
Yup, that was it! Thank you fenderman for the quick advice. There is a lot more I need to learn about this software but so far it's my leading pick.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, that was it! Thank you fenderman for the quick advice. There is a lot more I need to learn about this software but so far it's my leading pick.
Note that when you get the licensed version, you will see a tremendous cpu consumption drop if you use direct to disk recording....record tab>file format...you need to set it for each camera...

Mluck0315

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this message was from a long time ago, but I'm trying to figure out two things (my use case is remote access between two different licensed server instances of BI5 in two different locations):
1. Do we uncheck LAN only on the instance being monitored or the instance from which we are monitoring?
2. When using the BI5 app on Windows, what user are you considered?

I'm asking because I've unchecked "LAN Only" for every one of my users on the instance doing the monitoring and yet I'm still getting the "LAN Only" error message. I'm suspecting that I'll have to travel to the other site, but it's ~1,000 miles from here, thus the question. Thanks in advance.