Unable to connect to my server

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon all
I have been having problems with connecting to my server and have no clue what to do next.
I have an Asus RT-AC68U router that is up do date on FW.
VPN was working
I'm on release 5.5.8.2
Everything was working great until I tried adding a second user.
I have reset my router and set everything back up and no luck.
I have uninstalled openvpn connect on my phone and started all over and no luck.
VPN does connect when I turn my wifi off, shows connected in the router but will not connect to my server
Turned off the VPN on my phone and connect to my wifi and still will not connect to my server.
My LAN and WAN address in my phone never changed even when I turned off the vpn (and clicked apply) in my router and on my phone when I tried to get a new IPS.
I'm thinking it has something to to with Openvpn on my computer?
The windows link in my router for the cert goes to a dead web page so I used the same cert as my android phone.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
By any chance does your ISP issue static or dynamic IP addresses? Did the assigned IP address change on your modem?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does your BI computer have a static IP address assigned.
If you connect to your home wifi with your phone, and still can't connect to the BI server, sounds like the IP address changed. Be sure to shut down the VPN on your phone before attempting that.

It's not clear, are you running OpenVPN on the Asus Router or on the BI computer?

Maybe you disabled network access while in new user setup.
Look at those settings with a monitor hooked to the BI server.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have added it manually though manually assigned IP around DHCP.
I did turn off the vnp on my phone and I turned it off in my router and nothing changed,
not even the lan and wan on my phone.
I've never had an issue with my ISP provider and had a working VPN for a few years.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I forgot to add that I have dual nics that working great.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Insure recent Windows update did not change your NIC(s) connection properties to "Public" from "Private."
I did try and make it private using power shell to try and fix the time issues on my cams. It looked like it worked but I checked today and its still public. My lan on my app points to my second nics.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is driving me to drinking, on my 5th 16 oz coffee. The blue iris phone app is looking at my subnet for my second nics ( attached to my USB port) and my static address for my computer is on another one.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1658512379999.png
1658512477910.png
192.168.0.10 is my second nics not my computer static ip address. does this help any?

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Blue Iris Main Settings > Web Server > Remote, external access IP address shown

In a browser Google: What is my IP address

Do they both match?

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris Main Settings > Web Server > Remote, external access IP address shown

In a browser Google: What is my IP address

Do they both match?
Yes they do match.
My static IP address for my PC does not match the one in the connection in the screen shot above.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I fixed the problem. My Local, internal (lan) access address was not my static pc address. I went in the Adaptors: dropdown and selected my static address and checked Bind exclusively and restarted BI. Went back in and unchecked Bind exclusively and restarted BI and my pc address was still in the Local, internal (lan) access http:// section and everything is working perfect.
Thanks for all the help everyone gave me. With your help pointing me in the right direction and the help section in BI to understand a little more its fixed.