Unable to Convert/Export

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just tried to convert/export a BVR clip and although it exports successfully, it does not play in media player. I tried all formats and the different export options but none play. It opens media player, goes to a quick black screen and then goes back to the main media player screen where you can replay it or close out. Any one else having trouble?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone? When I use VLC to play the exported/converted videos, it opens and shows the first frame only, but the video continues to play on the timeline.

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AVI has never worked/exported for me but MP4 has and I tested an MP4 export after reading this post today (I record in 30 minute clips), everything worked for me using VLC to playback. I have the latest versions of BI and VLC. I asked Ken about the AVI issue, about 1.5 years ago, his response was "use MP4." :highfive:

Sorry, not sure what your issue could be. First, I would first make sure there is enough memory and cpu on the system, to play back the video.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks.. there is plenty of memory available. I know mp4 used to work for me but its been a while since I have done it, so who knows when the problem came up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.. there is plenty of memory available. I know mp4 used to work for me but its been a while since I have done it, so who knows when the problem came up.
have you tried paying the mp4 file on another pc?
what version of BI?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If I do a fresh install of BI after exporting my settings, do I need to manually add all the cameras again with all their custom settings? what does the export actually save as far as settings ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I do a fresh install of BI after exporting my settings, do I need to manually add all the cameras again with all their custom settings? what does the export actually save as far as settings ?
if you do a full export everything will be saved but the license key...

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a chance that some of the settings, due to being upgraded over time since two major releases ago, would cause the weird stuff to happen again?

if you do a full export everything will be saved but the license key...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a chance that some of the settings, due to being upgraded over time since two major releases ago, would cause the weird stuff to happen again?
anything is possible, but since you are on the latest version and going back to the same version i wouldnt expect it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
have you tried playing the file in vlc? what version of media player are you testing with?

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dou have re-encode to x264 checked? That is the default and I was having the same issue and unchecked that and it plays fine in WMP now.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, I tried it both ways and get the same results. Not sure of the WMP version, can't seem to find it anywhere.

Dou have re-encode to x264 checked? That is the default and I was having the same issue and unchecked that and it plays fine in WMP now.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I tried it both ways and get the same results. Not sure of the WMP version, can't seem to find it anywhere.
Open WMP, right click on the area below the title bar, then Help -> About.