Unable to delete clip

Tacoman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am unable to delete a clip. The duration of the clip is 0.0seconds. When I try to play it the message "Source file format is corrupt or you are missing components.................." comes up. When I try to delete the message "Could not delete item, it may be protected or in use". It is annoying not being able to get rid of a zombie clip. Any ideas? This is only the problem with this one clip.

Thanks for any help.
John

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had this happen a couple times. Have you disabled the camera for a moment then try to delete? I forget what exactly I did but i went back and forth disabling cameras and shutting down blue iris.

glenwood

n3wb
Reaction score
Zombie files are annoying!

If you're using BI, right click the zombie clip and chose Open Containing Folder. Zombie clip should be highlighted. Shutdown BI interface (and service if running as service) and you should be able to delete the clip.

If you still can't delete, Explorer may have a hold on the file. I usually open a command prompt, navigate to the file folder, call up Task Manager, 'end task' on explorer, delete the file in the command prompt window. Finally go back to Task Manager and start explorer using the Run New Task option under File menu (just type 'explorer' to start).

EDIT: Database 'Compact/Repair' might help. too. Good luck!