Unable to flash firmware onto camera (XM)

redf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a PTZ camera which I can't install any firmware to. In device logs, which i can get through web access, I see something like "Upgrade[exception]". It doesn't accept any firmware. Is there any way to force firmware update without exceptions?

Cam model which is written on the cam itself is: NZR10X-52710
Cam model in system info: XM530_80x50_8M

I've updated firmware automatically and lost PTZ, seller sent me fixed firmware, but I can't flash it..
Please help!
Thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is not broke do not fix it.
If there is not a specific problem you are having that needs to be fixed by the specific upgrade do not upgrade the firmware!!!

It is possible that when you upgrade you will lose features that you were using. There are 100s of posts about people who have bricked there cameras trying to upgrade. This is not a PC or Mac, it does not need to be upgraded.

redf

n3wb
Reaction score
If it is not broke do not fix it.
If there is not a specific problem you are having that needs to be fixed by the specific upgrade do not upgrade the firmware!!!

It is possible that when you upgrade you will lose features that you were using. There are 100s of posts about people who have bricked there cameras trying to upgrade. This is not a PC or Mac, it does not need to be upgraded.
Thanks for the significant help on resolving my issue. It was very helpful and now I have a lot of happiness.

Does anyone have actual advise on resolving the issue?

Last edited:
Reaction score
What @SouthernYankee is trying to tell you is, you've just learned (or maybe not) a few very important lessons about security cameras:
a) buy a quality device in the first place
b) don't upgrade firmware if you don't have to
c) take your lumps, and learn from your mistakes

redf

n3wb
Reaction score
What @SouthernYankee is trying to tell you is, you've just learned (or maybe not) a few very important lessons about security cameras:
a) buy a quality device in the first place
b) don't upgrade firmware if you don't have to
c) take your lumps, and learn from your mistakes
I did that without that guy's message, so what I was trying to tell - don't bother writing obvious things, it's too late for them.
The question here is how to force-flash the firmware? If it is possible.

Reaction score
PTZ cameras with XiongMai firmware are among the worst items you can buy.
They are a total waste of money, effort, time, and energy.
Buy a quality Hikvision or Dahua PTZ camera. You'll never regret it.