Unable to login to ip cams with new Wifi network

Stugatz

n3wb
Reaction score
hey guys,I had to replace my WiFi router the other day and I picked up a google WiFi mesh system. Works great but now BI can’t see any of the cameras and I am also unable to connect to them individually through their IP address. Any thoughts on what it could be? I should also mention that the ips are static.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hey guys,I had to replace my WiFi router the other day and I picked up a google WiFi mesh system. Works great but now BI can’t see any of the cameras and I am also unable to connect to them individually through their IP address. Any thoughts on what it could be? I should also mention that the ips are static.
you need to setup static ip's or use the routers dhcp reservation to reserver the ip so it doesnt change...depending on how they were setup before, your new routers subnet may not match the cameras...what cameras do you have?

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First step is.. like Fenderman asked. What cameras do you have, how are they connected? Wireless?

Stugatz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thx guys. I have camius ip cams. I tried to connect directly to the cams but now when I put in my IP address for them it times out??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thx guys. I have camius ip cams. I tried to connect directly to the cams but now when I put in my IP address for them it times out??
yes because they are likely on a different subnet....the easiest thing for you will be to match the subnet of your new google router to the same as your old one..though this was not possible in 2016 Google Groups
soo, if it is still the case, you will need to manually change each cam...there are threads that discuss how to do this...you should be able to do this easily though using the config tool Support - Camius.com camius looks like it rebrands dahua...you need to set the cameras to match the ip subnet of your google router..