Unable to open file: 8004005 / no recordings with USB cameras

PlusPower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a few IP-Cams and two USB-Cams connected and this setup has been working fine for several years.
When trying to replay the USB camera's recordings I get 8004005 error messages and app crashes.
All cameras are configured to record direct to disc in blue iris bvr format.
I just checked the contents of my \storage and \new folders and found out that there anen't any recordings from both USB cameras even though I have lots of alerts and alert images.
What could be the reason? I guess something went wrong with a blue iris software upate.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a few IP-Cams and two USB-Cams connected and this setup has been working fine for several years.
When trying to replay the USB camera's recordings I get 8004005 error messages and app crashes.
All cameras are configured to record direct to disc in blue iris bvr format.
I just checked the contents of my \storage and \new folders and found out that there anen't any recordings from both USB cameras even though I have lots of alerts and alert images.
What could be the reason? I guess something went wrong with a blue iris software upate.
disable hardware acceleration if its on...also disable direct to disk...

PlusPower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Strange, I never touched the "direct to disc" settings for years and didn't have this problem before.