Unable to see video on playback

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got it set to "Record when triggered". It's recording BVR direct to disk. I've set the files to 1 hour or 4GB. The files are there on the hard drive, and when I try and play it back it acts like it's playing a file back, just the video doesn't display. Live view plays just fine. Any ideas?

I'm still on version 4.8.6.3.

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens if you double click the video file itself, does it then start playing ?

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, it will open like its going to play, but the screen is blank.

They used to play back fine. Someone turned around in our drive the other day and i went to play back the video and thats when i discovered that they will no longer play bac .

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here's what it looks like when I click on an alert to try and play it back. It acts like it's playing it back...the play button is illuminated and it looks like it's playing a file, it's just blank.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what it looks like when I click on an alert to try and play it back. It acts like it's playing it back...the play button is illuminated and it looks like it's playing a file, it's just blank.
Try exporting the clip and see if you can play it

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Blue Iris is the only thing running on my machine. I'm guessing it may be a driver problem. I don't have a video card, just using the onboard VGA.

The weird thing is, it used to work fine. Going back to an older file from a month ago (that I think was back when it played fine) and it won't play those.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It won't play anything back. I've also tried changing the file format to AVI and MPEG4 with no luck.
In the cameras web interface video tab are you using any smart codecs or +

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
no, log directly into the camera via browser.
Well, I'm unable. When I use chrome, it gives me a plugin error saying that my plugin is old. It directs me to download the plugin that I already have. When I use edge, the webpage is blank. Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm unable. When I use chrome, it gives me a plugin error saying that my plugin is old. It directs me to download the plugin that I already have. When I use edge, the webpage is blank. Any ideas?
yes, you will have to use internet explorer or another browser that supports npapi . Internet explorer is still available in w10. Search the forum for npapi

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes, you will have to use internet explorer or another browser that supports npapi . Internet explorer is still available in w10. Search the forum for npapi
Okay, I'm in! Now, I need to figure out how to translate these Chinese characters.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't see any smart codecs or anything out of the ordinary. I did change a few settings...all cameras were H.265 and I changed them over to H.264. That seemed to do the trick. I'm now able to play back alerts and saved files.

Gentlemen, thank you for spending your time to help me out.