Understanding camera Specs?

Erik

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone compare these 2mp cameras vs the 4mp? Is the 4mp always better? Is it worth the price upgrade? I'm newer to cameras, so a lot of the specs don't mean a lot to me. THANKS!

4MP
Bullet camera :
LaView LaView IP Cameras Security Cameras and Security Systems
Dome Camera:

2mp
Bullet Camera:
Dome Camera:
LaView LaView Premium IP Network Dome Cameras, LV-PD5028 Security Cameras and Security Systems

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone compare these 2mp cameras vs the 4mp? Is the 4mp always better? Is it worth the price upgrade? I'm newer to cameras, so a lot of the specs don't mean a lot to me. THANKS!

4MP
Bullet camera :
Dome Camera:

2mp
Bullet Camera:
Dome Camera:
LaView LaView Premium IP Network Dome Cameras, LV-PD5028 Security Cameras and Security Systems
Sensor size is more important than megapixels, most of the time high resolution cameras are poor in low light. Also wouldn't go for a dome camera they have problems with ir hitting the dome.One last thing just go for a hikvision camera or a dahua these cameras are rebranded hikvisions.

Erik

n3wb
Reaction score
Would these cameras be the same physical camera? Same hardware as hikvision?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Would these cameras be the same physical camera? Same hardware as hikvision?
The dome cameras will look similar to the hiks, the bullets slightly different....bullets and domes are an inferior design as mention...go with a turret...spend the extra money on the dahua starlight varifocal turret...its worth it. see the thread on it in the dahua section.