Their product numbers have 3 differences:
1) F
2) W
3) S

It appears that they are identical except for three things:
1) Two way Audio
2) Two way Alarm
3) SD Card Slot

Can I assume that each letter corresponds to a function? If so, is there a legend somewhere to help me understand at a glance the product numbers/letters and features of each camera?

Can I assume the I stands for IP camera? Do all Hikvision IP cameras take either POE or a 12 volt adapter?

Are there other camera features that are designated a letter?

Is there such a thing as 1 way Audio and or 1 way Alarm?

Thanks a lot.

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow its like reading a period table. Thanks a lot.

GaretJax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another distinction is that the F models are 3 axis while the other is 2 axis and cannot be wall mounted without at mount.
Just when I was starting to understand things - you have to mention something that makes no sense to me:redface-new:. Why does the number of axis affect the type of mounting?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just when I was starting to understand things - you have to mention something that makes no sense to me:redface-new:. Why does the number of axis affect the type of mounting?
A two axis camera can only be mounted horizontally, because since the lens can only move up/down and right left, if its wall mounted the image will not appear level...you need to be able to rotate the lens itself on a wall mount.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only if not fitted dead plum, as the missing axis is gained by rotation of the whole camera, but then you can only look straight a head, so not much use unless fitted in a corridors.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Neither of those charts nzipcamera posted are perfect but they are pretty close. For example the first chart says -V indicates outdoor version but I haven't seen a Hikvision camera yet with a -V on it even though most of them are outdoor versions. And according to the first chart, the 0 in 2032 would indicate a dome camera even though that is actually a bullet model.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have a look at the link in my sig. - that's what I found during my research.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are using these with BI, do any of you use the sd card? I have a camera that supports the sd card but can't see the reason for using it..just wondering

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are using these with BI, do any of you use the sd card? I have a camera that supports the sd card but can't see the reason for using it..just wondering

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
most of my hik bullets have sd cards, and my huisun/imporx PTZ does too.

I use the cam's own motion detection recording to sd card as a sort of on-site backup.
The only time i've used it tho, is when i first had BI set up and didn't know what i was doing.
Now that BI is collecting/storing everything, the sd cards are redundant, but might be useful
someday if someone breaks in and steals my BI server, or the BI server goes down for some
other reason...

I figure if the cam you want is available with an sd slot, get it.
and your cam's got an sd slot, might as well use it. ymmv...

Reaction score
i want to buy below mentioned HIKVISION camera.
DS-2CE1ADOT-IRPF 2MP (1080P) PLASTIC BODY BULLET CAMERA
Kindly some one make me undrstand above product code.