Unforwarding ports?

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a hikvision ds7608NI-E2 NVR. When i go to canyouseeme.org and check the 8000, 554 ports it shows they are open. 80 and 443 are closed. If i turn off my NVR the port scan then shows they are closed. In my network setting nothing is enable except NTP and email. My router is netgear WGR 614. When I look at the port forwarding page of router,none of those ports are forwarded. Is it because I have NTP and my email setup?

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check to see if you router has UPnP turned on.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That should not have anything to do with it. Check your DMZ settings in the router and make sure that the NVR's IP is listed as the DMZ host. Although this also shouldn't be an issue because then all ports would be open, not just specific ones. But check it anyways to rule it out. I see weird things happen all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know this sounds like the silliest answer but have you power cycled both devices? Sounds like something is cached in the routing table of the router and hasn't been cleared out.

Which brings to question 2, at any point were these ports open, and you just now decided to close them? Or were they never open, and you're discovering them to be open anyways?

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Both devices power cycled.
Yes to question 2. Previously had ports open/forwarded and recently decided to close them.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You may need to factory reset your router. Also make sure it's running the latest firmware. This router is circa 2003 so it might be a bit stubborn when working with it. Sometimes when stuff ages it just doesn't play nice with newer stuff.