Uniden DB1 reset? Possibly bricked...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I purchased a Uniden U-Bell DB1 a few months ago. Now that we've finished building our new home, I tried to install it this weekend. I'm using a 16VAC transformer to provide power. My multi-meter showed 17.1 VAC at the doorbell location and I was able to initially get the unit installed and providing video etc.

In order to permanently mount/install the doorbell, I disconnected the wires after flipping the breaker, so I could cut the 2-pair wire and make it shorter since the electrician left several feet. After cutting the wire and reattaching the connections, the unit would not power up. Without power, the reset button on the doorbell doesn't do anything. Is there any way to reset this device so it will power up?

Thanks!

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
2-pair? You should only have 1 pair of wires. If you have 2-pair, make sure you didn't cross them up when you cut and reattached them.

Disconnect the doorbell. Reset the breaker. Check the power at the transformer to verify power is coming out of the transformer. If you have power at the transformer, then check at the doorbell. This should narrow down where the problem is.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks... It's two twisted pair in one cable. I'm using one wire from each pair. I have confirmed 17.1 VAC at the doorbell .

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
With power at the doorbell and it not powering up, I would say the doorbell is dead. Contact the vendor fora replacement or contact Uniden support to exercise the 1 yr warranty.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
With power at the doorbell and it not powering up, I would say the doorbell is dead. Contact the vendor fora replacement or contact Uniden support to exercise the 1 yr warranty.
Yep, I have a case open with Uniden.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Uniden replaced the camera under warranty. New camera connected just fine. WiFi radio is really weak on it so I'm not sure how well it will work. Would also help if there was an exposure setting.