Universal Password Remover

zx83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have been installing security cameras for 10 years, i've been getting calls from customers asking me to remove or reset passwords from their personal NVR's or DVR's which they have forgotten. Note these recorders were not installed by me, they've been installed by techs whom the clients can no longer get a hold of. Most of these units are units which have been purchased thru Amazon and are of no name brand where you cant even call anyone for support. Therefore I was wondering if anyone knows of a software that be installed on a USB flash drive where its bootable and perform the following:
Insert it to the NVR or DVR
reboot recorder and when its booting up, it can boot to the flash drive and allow you to remove the password.
Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Passwords are held quite differently on different brands, models, and firmware versions.
Realistically - a universal tool isn't practical.
And on an embedded Linux device, which is what these NVRs and DVRs and cameras generally are, I've not seen one yet that would boot something off a flash drive.

What they all have in common, though, is an ability to connect to the system 'serial console', which does usually allow a good level of access, varying with model etc.

zx83

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, replacing NVR's is the best option as a sales an install solution but some customers do not want to spend the extra money.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, replacing NVR's is the best option as a sales an install solution but some customers do not want to spend the extra money.
Then they can let you know when they recover their own passwords.

Anatoliy79

n3wb
Reaction score
У каждого производителя есть техподдержка, через которую можно скинуть пароль.