UNIVIEW CAMERA - OPINION

DYNO1

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking to add a few outdoor cameras and have been looking at Amcrest. A local supplier in Canada has suggested Uniview IP Network Mini Bullet Camera 4 MP, PoE, Smart IR, IP66, 6mm (IPC2124SR3-DPF60). They will provide one full year of tech support and assure me I will not have issues with firmware updates etc as they are a legit dealer and will address any future issues. I have not heard of this brand and would welcome any feedback.

thank-you

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Uniview is one of the largest surveillance manufacturers in China, smaller than Hikvision and Dahua but based in the same city. Unlike those other two, Uniview is owned by American investment firm Bain Capital.

We've tested a few of Uniview's products and they were solid. Unlike Hikvision and Dahua, Uniview is trying to limit public / online / grey market sales so if you are a dealer that could be attractive.

Net/net Uniview is a legitimate manufacturer (not one of those spam small outfits) but with a limited distribution approach in North America so far.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Uniview is one of the largest surveillance manufacturers in China, smaller than Hikvision and Dahua but based in the same city. Unlike those other two, Uniview is owned by American investment firm Bain Capital.

We've tested a few of Uniview's products and they were solid. Unlike Hikvision and Dahua, Uniview is trying to limit public / online / grey market sales so if you are a dealer that could be attractive.

Net/net Uniview is a legitimate manufacturer (not one of those spam small outfits) but with a limited distribution approach in North America so far.
Great info! Thanks.

Joemel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm exploring Uniview and would like to ask if their cameras are compatible with Hikvision or Dahua NVR.

I appreciate your assistance. Thanks

behzad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a uniview nvr . Unfortunately, I forgot my password. There is a way to retrieve the password? (Except email) Can I use a method like tftp server hikvision? Please help me.

Goharaalam

n3wb
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i want to know about uniview VMS. We have 500 plus cameras in our company, we are using LG brand cameras and VMS but now a day we change into unview VMS. anyone guide me.

Regards