Unwanted IVS Alerts

wrx5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Not sure what part is wrong about my config. I set the IVS and it works, however it works little bit out of the desired area (as well as within the desired area). Below picture shows the Intrusion area and other IVS settings. I am only care anything happens within the blue lines.

camera4-settings.JPG

However if you look at this below picture you will see the car passing by which triggers IVS event and send me message. I don't really care what happens at that part of the picture. What's wrong?

camera4-alert.JPG

View attachment 1.mp4

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to IVS, is regular motion detection (in the Video Detection area) also enabled?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To follow up to @pc750’s thought, If you’re using Dahua stuff to record, you should be able to play back the recording in SmartPSS somehow with the option enabled to view the rules so you can see what the camera is seeing when it triggers.

I use BI now so I don’t remember exactly how to do that, but I remember doing that to troubleshoot when I had a Dahua NVR.

wrx5

n3wb
Reaction score
To follow up to @pc750’s thought, If you’re using Dahua stuff to record, you should be able to play back the recording in SmartPSS somehow with the option enabled to view the rules so you can see what the camera is seeing when it triggers.

I use BI now so I don’t remember exactly how to do that, but I remember doing that to troubleshoot when I had a Dahua NVR.
I know what you mean. Watching the recording with Dahua Web shows you rules as well. (SmartPSS does too). It triggers the blue area.

wrx5

n3wb
Reaction score
Reflected in the rear window of the parked car. That is in the detection zone.
That's a good one. but it is not entering the area by crossing the blue lines. It is is motion within the area. I didn't know that would be counted.

wrx5

n3wb
Reaction score
You have ‘appears’ ticked in the settings. I’m pretty sure that means if it happens inside the zone it will trigger. The line doesn’t need to be crossed for it to trigger.
That makes sense. I will try it on one of the cameras and let you guys know. Thanks for that