Update 4.396 throwing error messages--Do not update

jennajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Update today 4.396 is throwing the "updated 3 of 4 files, make sure program is not running" error message.
Downloaded current x64 update from website and same error appears.

Restarted BI and of course i get the update available message.

NOTHING has changed with this setup.

Any ideas, fixes, suggestions or work arounds?

***NOTE**** see the fix Q2U offered, worked perfectly for me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of my two BI servers exhibits the exact behavior which you are describing...and it's been exhibiting it for several months. Here's the fix: Download the current BI installer and install it over your existing BI installation (choose the "Repair" option). I believe (just a guess) that the problem is not the update build which is bad, rather I believe that there is something about your installation (and my installation) which is causing this issue. This has been happening to me for the past 3 or 4 months. The fix I have described works for me every time, it's just a bit of a pain in the ass.

jennajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Q2U:

Will give this a try and post results early tomorrow AM. Bless.

jennajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Q2U;

It worked! Am adding info to original post to reflect this fix...i owe YOU the beverage of Your choice. Truly.
Thank You. *curtseys*

jennajon

n3wb
Reaction score
One Neutron Martini please: mix ice with 1/2 peppermint schnapps and 1/2 vodka in a tall glass. Gets you bombed, but you remain standing. View attachment 11695

Woah!! You do not mess around....me? Just a Perfect VO Manhattan on the rocks with a twist. ☠

Thanks again for Your kind help.

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm confused. Is this a fix or a work around?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Is this a fix or a work around?
Manually downloading and installing the update will avoid any of this and leave you with an update file to revert back to. Simply shut down BI before running the update file.

jennajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Manually downloading and installing the update will avoid any of this and leave you with an update file to revert back to. Simply shut down BI before running the update file.

Respectfully beg to differ Fenderman.

Attempted auto update and that failed. Went to website, downloaded x64 update; restarted BI and attempted update from download. NO GO.

The only option that has worked is downloading entire program and running that. After restarting, program showed current version of 4.396.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Respectfully beg to differ Fenderman.

Attempted auto update and that failed. Went to website, downloaded x64 update; restarted BI and attempted update from download. NO GO.

The only option that has worked is downloading entire program and running that. After restarting, program showed current version of 4.396.
Your mistake was restarting BI before updating ... close it then run update file .

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In my experience this problem is caused by Blue Iris not shutting down completely. On my system it cranks up to about 67% cpu while "System interrupts" takes the other 33%. I can prevent BI from failing to shut down if I reduce the number of cams I have hardware acceleration enabled for. The limit for me is somewhere around 15 cams.