Update 5.2.7.6 Won't start

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I updated to 5.2.7.6 and now BI won't start... splash screen comes up, then nothing. Nothing in the Log folder, not exe running.
Restore 5.2.6.5 exe and all work again.

anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just started my BI 5.2.7.4 and it says update is available. Let it update to 5.2.7.6 and it restarted fine on my PC.
Worked on my other install; which has an i7. The install I'm having issues with is my test setup that uses a Threadripper and NVIDIA Decoding (CUDA)... wonder if that's it.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.7.6 working OK on my system [win 10 64, i7-7700 - onboard intel, no Nvidia]

TXDego

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated to 5.2.7.6 and now BI won't start... splash screen comes up, then nothing. Nothing in the Log folder, not exe running.
Restore 5.2.6.5 exe and all work again.

anyone else having this issue?
Yes, having exact same problem, how did you restore previous version? Can you point me to a quick tutorial to do so? Is it easy? I am not at the location that is have the the issue, so have to try to explain over the phone how to do, so a tutorial online would be gold, thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, having exact same problem, how did you restore previous version? Can you point me to a quick tutorial to do so? Is it easy? I am not at the location that is have the the issue, so have to try to explain over the phone how to do, so a tutorial online would be gold, thanks.
Run a previous update Blue Iris Software Updates
Please stop updating BI every time a release is available. This is why the developer added the option to only update to critical and stable releases.

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too have that problem. I also found out that the updates will not complete if my system is not connected to the internet.

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you selected "Create a copy of original exe" on the update options, then you just need to goto, say c:\program files\blueiris\ and remove the blueiris.exe, then change the blueiris_1234.exe to blueiris.exe (dont delete before your sure you have the original).

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I now have 5.2.7.6 running but I cannot start the service because it keeps failing then wont load the console. I have to revert all the way back to 5.2.0.0 to get it to work again to remove the start service and then upgrade to 5.2.7.6 without starting the service.

What is the procedure for eliminating the "service failed to start" error and being able to run both console and service? I remember that stopping the service or deleting the service, and some change/delete a registry entry?

Thanks!