Update F/W Amcrest IP2M-841 now doesn't recognize password

BiigRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed the latest F/W this morning via the web interface which I accessed through the "Web" option in Amcrest Surveillance Pro software.
The camera rebooted and I accessed it from the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software afterwards. I could see that the F/W was updated to the correct version.
Then I found that I could not access it through the IP Config software because it didn't recognize the password.
I changed the password by manually typing it in the device config of the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software, and then the IP Config software. Once I changed it, the camera became unreachable (green 'online' indicator turned red).
Now I can't manage or see it from any software that all used to work. I tried the default admin password (admin) but it didn't work either.
I powered the camera off by resetting the cameras power circuit, but it didn't help.
The camera is in a very difficult to access area so I'd like to try something before getting the camera and doing a hard reset to factory settings if possible.
Any ideas? Anyone else having problems after installing the new F/W?

BiigRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update...
I was mistaken.
I still cannot access the camera from the two software programs where I changed the password manually (by typing it in) but I am still able to access it using the "SmartPSS" software which was installed and configured before the F/W update.
Unfortunately I do not remember the password I used so it will only work until I need to change the password or find another way to do a full factory reset unless there is some other way.
I also discovered that I can still access the camera through my smartphone with the Amcrest View Pro app which was installed there before I did the update.

Last edited:

BiigRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had to give up and do the factory reset. Makes sense now as I think of it. :brainfart: