Updated Blue Iris, No Signal on 8MP Turret

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This camera has always been a bit temper mental.

It was bought at Nelly’s, their model number is NSC-2X8-DM....... It’s an 8MP Hikvison Turret.

From time to time, over the time I’ve had this camera, the Blue Iris monitor shows “No Signal” but a little while later the image returns. It has been doing this over the last few days, but it's not unusual for this camera.

I just updated to the latest Blue Iris firmware, but for the life of me, I can’t find “about” so I can’t tell you the version. I can only say I did the update on Sunday February 25th,2018. After the update, Blue Iris reports No signal and I cannot get the image to display. I have 4 other cameras, 4MP and 3MP Hikvisions and they display just fine in Blue Iris.

I deleted the camera and added it back to Blue Iris, but the same problem.

Before and after deleting the camera, I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Same problem, no signal.

I can log into the camera via a web browser and see an image.

In Blue Iris, I confirmed the user name and password matches the camera user name and password. I know the camera is set to that user name and password because I can log into the camera via web browser, and I see the image.

Please help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a very similar problem with 4 of my 7 cameras unexpectedly dropping out. I have been chasing the problem for quite some time, replacing network components to no avail. It made no sense to why this was happening, seems like the 4 cameras would all lose signal every day or every other day. It was enough to make me pull my hair out!

My ISP is comcast business, and they supplied the modem/router for the building where these cameras are at. I found that after resetting the system, it made all the cameras work. Within a day or two, the same 4 cameras would show "no signal", unless I repeated the power cycle. When you reset the system, the modem would assign a IPV4 address to the router, the cameras do a secret handshake with this protocol and all is good. After some time, (not sure when) sneaky comcast would assign a IPV6 address that somehow supersedes the IPV4 address. When this happens, 3 of my 7 cameras were fine, and continued to operate as normal, however the other 4 cameras didn't like the new IPV6 and would give up until a reboot was performed.

Logging into the modem, there are some boxes you can uncheck that supposedly disables IPV6, but that does not work. It will say IPV6 is disabled, but it lies to you!! It seems to be a hot topic on some other forums with this supplied modems not disabling IPV6. After calling my ISP, I had them put their modem into bridge mode, I was sad to do this as I lost my static IP address. I bought a cheap router that gave me the real opportunity to disable IPV6 within the router. I hear you can use a super old router that doesn't have IPV6 capabilities. I didn't want to go that route, so I researched routers that gave you a option to enable or disable IPV6.

It's been a few years since I did this all, and never had any further issues after making the changes. I'm not sure if you suffer from the same problem as me, just wanted to share what worked and how I solved my problem. The cameras I bought were all Hikvision of some sort. Some were real hikvisions, and a good handful of knock off branded as hikvisions. The cameras loosing signal were a mix of both

RandomQ

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar problem after an update where 3 of my 18 cameras went down, I tracked it down to H.265 not working anymore with BI, and I had to go into the cameras and switch to H.264 and they started working again. They went down like 3 updates ago now. on version 4.6.9.5 currently.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris 4.6.9.0 (released January 31st) attempted to add H.265 hardware acceleration, but it is still broken as of 4.6.9.5 and if you try to use H.265 hardware acceleration then chances are your video stream won't load at all.

The trouble is, H.265 hardware acceleration is currently controlled by the same toggle switch as H.264 hardware acceleration, so lots of people already had it enabled on all their cameras. In the past, this setting had no effect on cameras that were streaming H.265. But now, Blue Iris is trying and failing to use hardware acceleration for the H.265 streams as well.

The workaround is to disable hardware acceleration for those cameras. Or you could roll back Blue Iris to an earlier update, if you have a copy of an older update file. Or you could change those cameras to stream H.264 so the hardware acceleration actually works.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
RandomQ and BP2008, thank you! That worked. Blue Iris properties for this camera was set to H.264, but logging into the camera via browser, showed it was set to H.265. Changing it back to H.264 did the trick. Thank you so much. This forum is great!