Updated NVR firmware NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.90_161008.zip published.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Some new firmware, with what looks like a much improved method of password recovery. This for E-series, but also an equivalent for the I-series.
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1%28E2%29%207700NI-E4/V3.4.90%20build161008%20English%2BMulti-lingual/

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/76%2077%2096%20NI-I/V3.4.90%20build160926/

Check out the release notes : http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.90 build161008 English+Multi-lingual/&file=External_NVR_V3.4.90_build160926_Release Notes.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Anyone tried this yet, interested to hear about web playback optimization whatever that means in a Hik world

New FW details

Firmware Version: V3.4.90 build160926
SDK Version: V5.2.5.15
ONVIF Protocol: ONVIF V2.5.0
IVMS-4200: V2.5.3.3 build20160923
Web Component: V3.0.6.8 build 160923

I applied the update remotely using the web interface to my 7604NI-E1 which was running 3.4.62, the update installed correctly and using the already registered HIK DNS access was quickly regained after the update

things i have noticed from a web GUI
Settings > Local > now has a "Play performance" option much like mobile versions of IVMS. Options are, shortest delay, balanced, fluency
Network > Advanced Settings > Email, there is now a "Test" button at the end of the receivers email address
PTZ linking in linkage methods for events

Not much more than that tbh so far, there are a myriad of items than still need adding to the NVR GUI to make it anything like full featured

Seems to be a bug in sub stream, changing the FPS stops main stream completely, so far i have not been able to recover main stream, it looks as though somewhere in the mix main stream does not like running at 2688 x 1520, changing back to 1080 recovered my live main stream

The TEST email button does send a message to the receivers email address with the message
"This email is used to test whether your smtp settings work"

Last edited by a moderator:

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
things i have noticed from a web GUI
Settings > Local > now has a "Play performance" option much like mobile versions of IVMS. Options are, shortest delay, balanced, fluency
Network > Advanced Settings > Email, there is now a "Test" button at the end of the receivers email address

Note the above is also in the 3.4.80 release as well.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So, having had no internet access since last week (line fault) I can now post some screenshots of the new Q&A password recovery via the web GUI in this firmware.
The GUID import also works OK via the VGA/HDMI interface.
The exported GUID file is a 128byte single-use token that is matched against the random original in a secured area of the flash.
Once you've used it, the original is re-created and the exported one no longer matches, so is invalidated.
It's a bit like having a key that always sticks permanently in the lock when you use it, and having to change the locks and get new keys each time.

I have to say - I'm quite impressed with this new facility - so much better than the deprecated method of default passwords that end-users never change. And having your brand damaged because your products are used in large numbers in botnets, and having to issue a recall - like XiongMai Technologies - and Dahua recently.

NVR_3.4.90_1.jpg

Attachments

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The included plugin version 3.0.6.8 seems to have solved my problems with Live View on my Mac via Safari. Still have to use UDP instead of TCP and only the feed from cam #1 is shown when logged into the cam directly, no matter which cam you're logged into. Makes setting line crossing difficult on those cams. Wish they could give us bigger email snaps someday!

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to save the exported GUID file via Safari on my Mac, was asked for my password but apparently no file was exported. Didn't ask for any save path and I can't find the file anywhere.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to save the exported GUID file via Safari on my Mac, was asked for my password but apparently no file was exported. Didn't ask for any save path and I can't find the file anywhere.
I don't know if it's deliberate - but on Windows / IE11 it just quietly doesn't save to anywhere other than a local drive folder.
When it does save there is a 'GUID export successful' msg box.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There appears to be a new mysterious feature in the 3.4.90 firmware that did not exist in the 3.4.80 firmware - 'Eagle Eye mode'.
But it does seem to be bugged, whatever it is, at least on my 7816N-E2
In both the Live View and Playback web GUI there is a new, greyed-out icon next to the timeline mode selection, but it does nothing, won't activate.
Maybe that's because there is a problem in the underlying code that's generating a rapid volume of complaints on the serial console.
I haven't seen any configuration changes related to this, nor managed to get the errors to stop.

Does anyone know what this 'Eagle Eye' feature is supposed to do?

EE_1.jpgEE_2.jpg

etc etc indefinitely
Code:
func:PsMux_for_send,chn:7,bEgleEyemainchn:0,bvideo:0---ps handle is not init!!! 
func:StreamPackRTP,chn:7,bEgleEyemainchn:0---bvideo:0---rtp handle is not init!!! 
func:StreamPackRTP,chn:7,bEgleEyemainchn:0---bvideo:0---rtp handle is not init!!! 
[HostIpcChanReset] chan:36, flg_ipc: 1 
chan=36 frameLen=0 bitRate=0 sampleRate=0 audioNum=0 audioType:28944 videoType:2 
IPC pay_load:video 60 audio 0 private ffffffff 
LibDemux_ResetRtpUnpack stream_type 1b 
[HostIpcChanReset] ok! chan:36 videoStreamType 2, videoPayloadType 96 
func:PsMux_for_send,chn:23,bEgleEyemainchn:0,bvideo:0---ps handle is not init!!! 
func:StreamPackRTP,chn:23,bEgleEyemainchn:0---bvideo:0---rtp handle is not init!!! 
func:PsMux_for_send,chn:23,bEgleEyemainchn:0,bvideo:0---ps handle is not init!!! 
func:StreamPackRTP,chn:23,bEgleEyemainchn:0---bvideo:0---rtp handle is not init!!! 
[prev_change_fisheye_chan_status  3075] no need to close fishEye, iChan: 5! 
iptables: invalid prot! 
fun:hisi_get_net_pool_ext, line:4101 out #############ChanInfo(type:2, chan:5),addr:(phy:0x0, vir:0xb2626008--->0xb2626008)############## 
fun:hisi_get_net_pool_ext, line:4101 onvif_set_alarm_notice eHanldeAlarmType[0] 
out #############ChanInfo(type:3, chan:5),addr:(phy:0x0, vir:0xb2726008--->0xb2726008)############## 
fun:hisi_get_net_pool_ext, line:4101 out #############ChanInfo(type:2, chan:1),addr:(phy:0x0, vir:0xb2026008--->0xb2026008)############## 
fun:hisi_get_net_pool_ext, line:4101 out #############ChanInfo(type:3, chan:1),addr:(phy:0x0, vir:0xb2126008--->0xb2126008)############## 

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where to get Plugin Version V3.0.6.8 for mac

i have install v3.0.5.43

but live play back is not working

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the Mac client side WebComponents we have to wait, supposedly this month, and it will probably be a higher version than V3.0.6.8. Updating to the latest firmware, in my case V3.4.90 build 160926 from Hikvision Europe, installed Plugin Version V3.0.6.8 on the NVR side makes things a lot better, about 50% of the time it works.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
By accident I just discovered something unexpected with this firmware version. I'm assuming it's not intentional, so I'm wondering if I should publicise it, just in case the Hikvision watchers spot it and arrange to fix it.
But hey ho, here goes:

Quite a few firmware versions back (maybe 3.2.1, not sure), the NVR firmware had a camera language check added for Hikvision-connected cameras, giving rise to the disliked 'language mismatch' error when adding Chinese cameras.
But the workaround was to connect as ONVIF. That was reasonably OK.
Then a few firmware versions later (I think it was 3.4.2 but not sure) Hikvision also closed off the ONVIF route for Chinese cameras with a 'language mismatch'.
Bummer.

But I just discovered that connecting a Chinese DS-2CD3335-I that previously was rejected under ONVIF is working OK on a 7816N-E2 and 7816N-E2/8P with the 3.4.90 K41 firmware.
So is it intentional, or have they just broken some code?
I wonder how long this situation will last?
Would anyone like to confirm?