Updated NVR firmware published NVR_K41_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.91_161220

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A bug-fix release for the 3.4.90 NVR firmware.
With an intriguing new 'long distance mode' feature ...
From the release notes:
1. [POE Configuration]
(1) I and K series POE NVR supports extending POE transmission distance from 100M to 250M
with cat5e cable or 300M with cat6 cable;
(2) The capacity of POE port will be changed from 100Mbps full-dup to 10Mbps full-dup after
switching to long-distance mode;
(3) User can configure POE long-distance working mode in Menu- Camera- POE configuration,
the default status is OFF;
K41 EN and ML version here : HIKVISION EUROPE
K51 version here : HIKVISION EUROPE

Something for bored idle hands to do, taking a peek inside ...

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After all the 3.4.80 hubub here and with all the problems I had with it I'm intrigued:

Optimization 1. [Stability] Optimize 7608NI-I2/P NVR’s stability in high load situation.

But am I intrigued enough to install it? 3.4.90 is working pretty well for me as of late. Please, could someone else go first?...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I loaded the K41 3.4.91 firmware on the 7816N-E2 NVR to see what the obvious differences were.
And the answer is - none that I could see at first glance. But presumably some bugfixes under the covers.
As this 7816N-E2 doesn't have any PoE interfaces, I wasn't able to look at the new 'Long distance mode' that claims to allow PoE cable lengths up to 250/300m.
I'll check that out some time later on my 7816N-E2/8P after this has been running for a while to confirm it's stable.

Just a small number of observations:
- Webcomponents appears unchanged at top-level version 3.0.6.8
- A CN DS-2CD3335 camera still works OK, no 'language mismatch', when connected as ONVIF, mismatch as Hikvision.
- The greyed-out 'EagleEye' button is still there on Playback and Live View. Maybe it's waiting for a fisheye camera or something. A mystery.
- There is still a bug where an uninitiallised routine spews rapid complaints down the serial console which does rather swamp the real entries.

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just upgraded the firmware on my DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P to 3.4.91.

TCP/IP settings blank.

Uh oh.

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
After all the 3.4.80 hubub here and with all the problems I had with it I'm intrigued:

Optimization 1. [Stability] Optimize 7608NI-I2/P NVR’s stability in high load situation.

But am I intrigued enough to install it? 3.4.90 is working pretty well for me as of late. Please, could someone else go first?...
i just have its rebooting now yes the 90 was stable so will let you know

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
seems all ok i have upped the cameras to full resolution and stable

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
in the old firmware i would sometimes get decoder exe has stopped working if i opened up the 16 page version 90 and 91 this has stopped i have also noticed
that the fine glitch if looking at the mini domes has diapered it would look like the picture was slightly pix-elating then go clear now with v91 there clear so im not sure what that was but it has gone now so yes this works fine