Upgrade v3 to v4 (upgrade code?)

atacderan

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning all,

First time user here and looking for any information/assistance to upgrading our Blue Iris software. The timeline is listed below:

11/25/2014 = Purchased Blue Iris (version 3) License

12/24/2014 = Version 4 upgrade/update was released (tried upgrading to version 4, but failed numerous times) Downloaded the full version from the Blue Iris homepage and installed without any issues. The problem now lies with applying the upgrade license with the version 4 download. Sent the "initial email" over to support@blueirissoftware.com asking for assistance. Did not receive any reply back from them.

01/05/2015 = Sent 2nd email over to support@blueirissoftware.com asking for assistance. Still no reply back from them.

01/07/2015 = Sent 3rd email over to support@blueirissoftware.com asking for assistance. Still no reply back from them.

01/12/2015 = Sent 4th email over to support@blueirissoftware.com asking for assistance. Waiting for reply back now.

I understand that this is a "End-User" forum and not the Developer's forum, but any kind of information to resolving this issue of ours would be greatly appreciated. I've tried Googling for an answer I cannot find any. I believe that I have exhausted all of my resources at the moment. Are we left the "only" option to just purchase a full license for the latest version of Blue Iris?

Mahlaos in advance,

Alexander

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@atacderan Welcome to the forum..make sure that you check your bulk/spam email folder...
You should not have to purchase a new license..when you hit the update button (in BI3) it should give you a coupon code (click cancel) you can then use the coupn during the standard checkout (go to the website and select purchase)...
You may want to try emailing from a different email address..it may be going to the developers spam...you purchased very close to the 12/1 cutoff and I have seen others get an upgrade to V4 for free if they purchased in November...so its worth a shot.