Upload Videos to FTP?

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

This is a separate issue to my last post so I have started a new thread.

Under Camera > Post I have switched off 'Post JPEG's as I only want videos to upload.
Under Options > Clips and Archiving > Configure, I have ticked the 'Use FTP to backup clips to the internet'

At the moment, its just uploading images, no videos.
With the settings above, I thought it would not upload jpegs and just videos??

To summarise, its currently uploading just JPEG's and I want it to only upload videos.FTP-1.pngFTP-2.png

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

This is a separate issue to my last post so I have started a new thread.

Under Camera > Post I have switched off 'Post JPEG's as I only want videos to upload.
Under Options > Clips and Archiving > Configure, I have ticked the 'Use FTP to backup clips to the internet'

At the moment, its just uploading images, no videos.
With the settings above, I thought it would not upload jpegs and just videos??

To summarise, its currently uploading just JPEG's and I want it to only upload videos.View attachment 6853View attachment 6854

Thanks
The post tab is separate and distinct from the clips backup.
You likely have your alert folder set to backup to ftp..select the alert folder from the dropdown in the clips and archiving tab, then select configure on the bottom right and uncheck the box.
Your videos are likely not uploading because you have combine and cut set to 8 hours so its waiting for a clip to close before uploading. Also, make sure you have set the "new" folder to upload to ftp.

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep its working now, they need to tidy the tabs up a little as you seem to have to click in about 8 different places.
Thanks for your help :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep its working now, they need to tidy the tabs up a little as you seem to have to click in about 8 different places.
Thanks for your help :)
No problem. There is nothing to tidy up, the functions are not related. See the help file and you'll understand. Blue iris is super flexible and as such there are TONS of options.The post tab has a different purpose.

winterbrew

n3wb
Reaction score
Your videos are likely not uploading because you have combine and cut set to 8 hours so its waiting for a clip to close before uploading. Also, make sure you have set the "new" folder to upload to ftp.
Thanks for this - been using BI about 4 days now, and I was wondering why my clips aren't uploading to my FTP on my local NAS. My "new" folder was previously set to upload to FTP

Just to clarify on the 'Combine or cut video each' setting. Should this be deselected, or the time interval reduced to say 1 hour from the default 8 hours setting?

Many thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for this - been using BI about 4 days now, and I was wondering why my clips aren't uploading to my FTP on my local NAS. My "new" folder was previously set to upload to FTP

Just to clarify on the 'Combine or cut video each' setting. Should this be deselected, or the time interval reduced to say 1 hour from the default 8 hours setting?

Many thanks
Uncheck it so the file is cut after the trigger ends..