ups for nvr and cameras

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, i would like to put a ups to power my nvr and cameras in case of power cut. I have a dahua nvr4208-8p-4ks2 and 7 hdw4431m. What kind of ups do i need? how many VA or Watt? Any suggestion about ups brand or model? I don't want to spend a fortune...

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like your load is around 40W:

9.6W = NVR (without HDD)
5.1W = Western Digital 4TB Purple HDD (that's a guess on my part, you can look up the W for your specific HDD)
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
------------------
38.7W

APC has a web page that helps you figure out the appropriate model based on watts and expected run time.
- APC USA

For 40 watts and 30 minutes run-time, they recommend this as the least expensive model:
APC Back-UPS, 6 Outlets, 425VA, 120V - APC - United States

I've only ever used APC brand UPS, but I've seen others here mention CyberPower and Tripp Lite brands. They probably have units in the 425VA range, if you wanted to price around.

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, i'll chek on Amazon Italy.
It looks like your load is around 40W:

9.6W = NVR (without HDD)
5.1W = Western Digital 4TB Purple HDD (that's a guess on my part, you can look up the W for your specific HDD)
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
6.0W = IPC-HDW4431M
------------------
38.7W

APC has a web page that helps you figure out the appropriate model based on watts and expected run time.
- APC USA

For 40 watts and 30 minutes run-time, they recommend this as the least expensive model:
APC Back-UPS, 6 Outlets, 425VA, 120V - APC - United States

I've only ever used APC brand UPS, but I've seen others here mention CyberPower and Tripp Lite brands. They probably have units in the 425VA range, if you wanted to price around.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure they ship to italy :)

You may find shipping to Italy but it may cost more than the product. If the shipment comes from outside of EU there may be additional costs for duty, tax, whatever from customs in Italy. You may want to check Amazon, Ebay etc in other countries of EU not only in Italy but a lot of the stuff is shipped from China.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Minuteman ups has a cctv calculator. Just got to their site and click the security tab on the left. It will help you pick the correct ups size. Everyone has their particular brand that they like.