Upside down and switches between cameras

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am running 5 Enster 5812 and have had no problems for years. Now, I added another Enster 5812 and the image in the interface is upside down for 3 cameras that were working fine beforehand. 2 of the 3 is the same image.The interface switches back and between 2 of the 3 cameras. THere is alot of "No Signal" between the 3 cameras. All others seem to work fine like beforehand. When I pick clips to watch it says sorry no file found. 1 or more show an asterisk right after "My camera"
This one has just about got me to my knees.
Thanks,
Roger

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you rebooted the computer?
Have you tried deleting the newest cam from BI then re-adding it.
See if you have any group cycles setup in BI
See if any of the cameras have been set to rotate.
Easiest is probably to just delete the offending cams from BI and add it back from scratch.
The registry entries for BI seem to be prone to easy corruption.

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you rebooted the computer?
Have you tried deleting the newest cam from BI then re-adding it.
See if you have any group cycles setup in BI
See if any of the cameras have been set to rotate.
Easiest is probably to just delete the offending cams from BI and add it back from scratch.
The registry entries for BI seem to be prone to easy corruption.
Sorry, I should have posted on this originally. I have rebooted several times with no change in problem. I have deleted all 3 problem cameras and reinstalled them clean. I did notice there are 2 cameras that have same IP address. I have changed that to another camera and still the same problem.

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are the recordings inverted as well?
no.
After 10 hours of worki ng on it, the upside down issue seems as it has gone away. But, getting of "No Signal" on those 3 cameras. Don't have a clue to what I did to make the upside down issue go away. Sure hope it stays away. Now, to work on "No Signal" issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no.
After 10 hours of worki ng on it, the upside down issue seems as it has gone away. But, getting of "No Signal" on those 3 cameras. Don't have a clue to what I did to make the upside down issue go away. Sure hope it stays away. Now, to work on "No Signal" issue.
could be bad cable, a bad switch, bad terminations, ensure you are using the 568B standard.