URl for HikVision ds-7208hwi-sh ?

Prakash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
i searched at many places but couldn't find the url (streaming path) for HikVision DVR - model num: DS-7208hwi-SH
i suppose its rtsp stream, so the link might be something like
rtsp://user@password@192.168.1.210/Streaming/Channels/101

is above link,the right permalink (to get only the video of any particular camera and not the user interface in browser) ?

i had one more query, http or rtsp port number is not required for this?
i think, this url might be invalid rtsp://user@password@192.168.1.210:8080/Streaming/Channels/101

Thanks

with warm regards
-Prakash

P.S: As far as i know, there isn't any software to automatically grab url (streaming path) using IP address, if anyone knows kindly let me know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If that model of DVR supports ONVIF (the current firmware for the 76xx NVRs no longer does, for the NVR itself, not connected cameras) then the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net will list all the transmitter streams available on the 'Transmitters' page.
Worth a try, in my view.

Prakash

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer alastair stevenson.
How can one find out if the model support ONVIF, apart from finding it manually, is there a work around for this?

Thanks & Regards

Prakash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Securame,
Thank you very much for your valuable answer.
the following url worked fine for DS-7208hwi-sh
rtsp://id:password@IP_Address/Streaming/Channels/101

now the problem is that the same(above) url didn't work for DS-7316HGHI-SH
if i try rtsp://id:password@IP_Address/Streaming/Channels/102 i'm getting only a snapshot(Single Frame) from sub stream

what could be the proper url for this ?

i'm not sure if following url will work (can try after few days)
rtsp: // USER : PASSWORD @ IP : PORT / ( H264 / MPEG-4 ) / ch ( CH ) / ( main / sub ) / av_stream

Could you please confirm if above url will work for DS-7316HGHI-SH
Thanks

with warm regards
-Prakash

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do not have any 73xxHGHI-SH, so I can not even try it, sorry.

URLs have changed from a firmware to another, even on the same device. So you just have to keep trying/googling until you find the one that works for your device/version, or contact your Hikvision supplier/dealer to ask what is the string for the latest firmware version.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if i try rtsp://id:password@IP_Address/Streaming/Channels/102 i'm getting only a snapshot(Single Frame) from sub stream
What did you get with /Channels/101 ?
From what I recall, the '2' in the 102 would be the substream, the '1' in 102 would be the channel number.
the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
What did ODM show?

Prakash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alastair stevenson,
will try ODM shortly & let you its outcome.
i tried opening in Channels/101 it doesn't open, no error message.
that's why tried to open sub stream, with 102, was expecting a video, but got only single frame!
as per your knowledge, will the following url work for DS-7316HGHI-SH

rtsp: // USER : PASSWORD @ IP : PORT / ( H264 / MPEG-4 ) / ch ( CH ) / ( main / sub ) / av_stream

Thanks

with warm regards
-Prakash

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From my knowledge, DS-7316HGHI-SH does not even exist. I think it would be DS-7216HGHI-SH or DS-7316HQHI-SH.

But hey, if you do have one unit, try yourself!