US Elections (& Politics) :)

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
They have the votes in the Senate. Despite Romney and no grandstanding McCain. Don't worry about the hurt feelings on the left. Just do it. Then win the election on it.
Yup. They'd do it (Dems) if they had the ball right now. Yesterday I kept thinking maybe the right thing to do is wait, but I thought about it....time to stop being suckers and always being the nice guys. If they were in this position, they would have no problem pushing forward.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup. They'd do it (Dems) if they had the ball right now. Yesterday I kept thinking maybe the right thing to do is wait, but I thought about it....time to stop being suckers and always being the nice guys. If they were in this position, they would have no problem pushing forward.
Exactly.
Time for the gloves to come off on our side on many fronts. The time for reasoning with them has passed.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly.
Time for the gloves to come off on our side on many fronts. The time for reasoning with them has passed.
you guys are forgetting that in 2016 the shoe was indeed on the other foot and the Dems did play ball. They nominated someone, but it was much further out from the election, and the GOP stonewalled saying it needed to be decided by the voters; with Mitch being the one saying that the loudest. The dems could of changed the senate rules and gotten the confirmation through simple majority, but they didn't. Don't forget the filibuster rule was changed on presidential cabinet appointments and agencies. They left the SCOTUS one stay at 60 votes, which Mitch changed after the senate got flipped.

any GOP senator that pushed for the "voters" to decide in 2016 that now pushes to ram a nominee through is a flaming, salad tossing, hypocrite.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...any GOP senator that pushed for the "voters" to decide in 2016 that now pushes to ram a nominee through is a flaming, salad tossing, hypocrite.
Who gives a rip? You think the dems do? I'm with @bigredfish ...take the gloves off and quit saying "I'm sorry, excuse me, pardon me" at every turn.
And 2016 might as well have been a hundred years ago.....protocol and propriety are off the table, IMO.

FWIW, you can call me anything you want except a traitor to my country, a dem or ... late for dinner. :blankstare:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Who gives a rip? You think the dems do? I'm with @bigredfish ...take the gloves off and quit saying "I'm sorry, excuse me, pardon me" at every turn.
And 2016 might as well have been a hundred years ago.....protocol and propriety are off the table, IMO.

FWIW, you can call me anything you want except a traitor to my country, a dem or ... late for dinner. :blankstare:
I still believe that the dimwits will turn on each other after the election. When Trump wins, its over. And they know that they're fucked in 2024 as well.
On another note, Nancy is one drink away from meeting Ruth.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

if you can't play by your own rules then what is the point in even having them. Its situations like this that caused me to leave the GOP. They are just as bad, if not worse, at saying one thing and then failing to live up to it.

1600525244866.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you can't play by your own rules then what is the point in even having them. Its situations like this that caused me to leave the GOP. They are just as bad, if not worse, at saying one thing and then failing to live up to it.

View attachment 70840
You were never in the GOP. We both know that. I guess the democrats always play by the rules. Kavanaugh cough cough. Supporting violent rioting racist marxists like black lives matter and antifa. Shoving the disastrous obamacare down our throats by executive order. Please give us a break.

Last edited: