US Elections (& Politics) :)

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I watched a few minutes of the local Portland, OR news last night. The lead story was promoting mandatory vaccination. The next story was a hit on Trump for causing pain and chaos over not signing what they're calling the coronavirus relief bill. With this crap being fed to the masses I don't see how it's anything other than it's too late and we're just simply screwed.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I watched a few minutes of the local Portland, OR news last night. The lead story was promoting mandatory vaccination. The next story was a hit on Trump for causing pain and chaos over not signing what they're calling the coronavirus relief bill. With this crap being fed to the masses I don't see how it's anything other than it's too late and we're just simply screwed.
I would like to see those Commie Bastards try to hold me down and stick that needle in my arm...THERE WILL BE A FIGHT!!! :)

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On the right or the left - facts are facts, there are no alternate facts

After bringing some 60 lawsuits, and even offering financial incentive for information about fraud, Trump and his allies have failed to prove definitively any case of illegal voting on behalf of their opponent in court — not a single case of an undocumented immigrant casting a ballot, a citizen double voting, nor any credible evidence that legions of the voting dead gave Biden a victory that wasn’t his.

“It really should put a death knell in this narrative that has been peddled around claims of vote fraud that just have never been substantiated,” said Kristen Clarke, president of the National Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, a nonprofit legal group, and a former Justice Department attorney whose work included voting cases. “They put themselves on trial, and they failed.”

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the right or the left - facts are facts, there are no alternate facts

After bringing some 60 lawsuits, and even offering financial incentive for information about fraud, Trump and his allies have failed to prove definitively any case of illegal voting on behalf of their opponent in court — not a single case of an undocumented immigrant casting a ballot, a citizen double voting, nor any credible evidence that legions of the voting dead gave Biden a victory that wasn’t his.

“It really should put a death knell in this narrative that has been peddled around claims of vote fraud that just have never been substantiated,” said Kristen Clarke, president of the National Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, a nonprofit legal group, and a former Justice Department attorney whose work included voting cases. “They put themselves on trial, and they failed.”
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha then you WOKE up (LMAO) as your Alarm went off... LOL

Oh you forgot the 1,000 affidavits...But these don't count, because these are Legal right? Maybe if they were Illegal like the votes they would count? Hmmm...:)

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha then you WOKE up (LMAO) as your Alarm went off... LOL

Oh you forgot the 1,000 affidavits...But these don't count, because these are Legal right? Maybe if they were Illegal like the votes they would count? Hmmm...:)

Too bad he didn't show them to anyone - lmao

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So we were talking today that with how sick this world is getting that maybe it just might finally be time for a giant meteor or asteroid to hit and really reset things. Well... my vote was for the giant meteor, but the Dominion voting machines switched it to Biden...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI -

Section 230 does not need to go, just needs some slight adjustments to so that when large companies censor speech they will be considered publishers of content ( and thus you can sue them as publishers ) instead of technology providers. This hopefully will force them to decide what lane they want to be in.

Section 230 as it started out helped the USA become a strong internet economic force, and allowed numerous USA companies to do well.

No sense to throw the baby out with the bathwater...

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI -

Section 230 does not need to go, just needs some slight adjustments to so that when large companies censor speech they will be considered publishers of content ( and thus you can sue them as publishers ) instead of technology providers. This hopefully will force them to decide what lane they want to be in.

Section 230 as it started out helped the USA become a strong internet economic force, and allowed numerous USA companies to do well.

No sense to throw the baby out with the bathwater...
very much agree, so we do not throw out upcoming inventions, that slight adjustment is what we need so free speech is not compromised and not censored.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on here. From what I have read, there's a possibility that by invoking this Impoundment Control Act, Trump can hold any of the funds for 45 days. Does he have a lever with this to force congress into making the changes he wants to the bill? All I know for sure at this point is to stock up on the popcorn and watch the drama.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even the right wing media gets it, finally!

The almost consistently Donald Trump-friendly New York Post called the president out in a surprising, scathing editorial Sunday on his attempted “coup” attacking a legitimate, democratic election — and told him to get back to work.
“Mr. President, it’s time to end this dark charade,” the editorial began in the tabloid, owned by Trump’s right-wing backer Rupert Murdoch.
“We’re one week away from an enormously important moment for the next four years of our country,” which he should be focusing on, it added, referring to the double Senate runoff in Georgia on Jan. 5.
“Unfortunately, you’re obsessed with the next day, Jan. 6, when Congress will, in a pro forma action, certify the Electoral College vote. You have tweeted that, as long as Republicans have ’courage, they can overturn the results and give you four more years in office. In other words, you’re cheering for an undemocratic coup,” the piece slammed.
“You had every right to investigate the election,” the editorial added. “But let’s be clear: Those efforts have found nothing.”
The newspaper lashed Trump’s fringe attorney ally Sidney Powell, who is challenging election results in court, as “a crazy person.” Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn “suggesting martial law” to keep the president in the White House is “tantamount to treason,” the Post wrote. “It is shameful.”