US Elections (& Politics) :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please pray for the family of this Police Officer who died at the hands of our countries Terrible Immigration enforcement. Sanctuary Cities should pay for his funeral.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It really bugs me...the subtle bias of the news media. Tonight on my local channel 11, which has been mostly unbiased, when they did their obligatory coverage of the presidential campaigns, showed Trump saying he voted today in person and he mentions that it is much safer than mailing in a ballot. Well the talking head states something to the effect that "...there is no evidence that mail in ballots are unsafe...". Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Why say that? He made that comment in passing and then quickly continued on to the next news item.

This really frosts my cranberry bogs! There has been numerous examples of mail in ballot 'irregularities' as they are called. From ballots being found in dumpsters to people getting multiple ballots for other folks in the mail, etc. This was even reported on channel 11. I am disappointed. It seems lately, in the last few days, I have noticed subtle bias and can't decide if it is the station making those decisions or if it is certain people on that news team. These subtle bias-ness, to me, is worse than the overt, obvious bias. The obvious bias is so easy to recognize it is easy to dismiss. But these subtle, subliminal biased comments can go unnoticed by the observer and can stick with them and if heard enough times, many folks will just believe that as 'common knowledge'.
Response to the local talking head: when was the last time discarded voters were found in a dumpster?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Jeff Foxworthy...
Which side of the fence?
If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
If a Democrat is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
A Democrat demands that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it
If a Democrat decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican is unhappy with an election, he grumbles and goes to work the next day.
If a Democrat is unhappy with an election, he burns down a Starbucks, throws rocks at cops and takes two-weeks off for therapy.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Ooooooooooooooooooo..........ooooooooooooo laaa laaa
NBC is about to have an emotional breakdown
If Trump didn't praise her, she wouldn't be getting that applause :rofl:
Although, that debate was watchable, so "kudos" to KW

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ooooooooooooooooooo..........ooooooooooooo laaa laaa
NBC is about to have an emotional breakdown
If Trump didn't praise her, she wouldn't be getting that applause :rofl:
Although, that debate was watchable, so "kudos" to KW

She will get a Nobel Peace Prize before Trump..