US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
Lefty think tank president says he’d have rushed St. Louis homeowners and beaten their brains in (Niskanen Center president)

Of course we’re talking about the St. Louis couple who brandished firearms at “peaceful protesters” who knocked down a gate and marched through their private property. Plenty of lefties can’t believe that they haven’t been arrested yet for pointing guns at people, but as The Federalist reports, left-wing think tank president Jerry Taylor wouldn’t have waited for the police. In a now-deleted tweet, he says he would have rushed the couple, beaten their brains in, and not apologized either.

LOL.... so he'd be the FIRST to die. What a damn Idiot--- and his careless and reckless language may just get somebody killed. fucking dumbass..

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That couple definitely needs some training. It appears as if that might be the first time handling his AR since the guy behind the counter sold it to him. And dont get me started on her, with her finger on the trigger the whole time. I'm not sure if it was real, but I saw a picture of her pointing at someone. I don't know the details (how close she was to them, and if they were advancing) so I won't rush to judgment, but there is a difference between possessing a firearm and brandishing a firearm.

As Peter Parker said, with great power comes great responsibility.

Get trained.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Training? Heck, if a mob of rioters protesters come on my property and make me feel there is a chance that something bad is about to happen to my wife or myself? Make no mistake that the remaining ones that can, will be retreating as fast as their legs can carry them...

Last edited:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Training? Heck, if a mob of rioters protesters come on my property and make me feel there is a chance that something bad is about to happen to my wife or myself? Make no mistake that the remaining ones that can, will be retreatinng as fast as their legs can carry them...
No doubt. I agree totally. But I have a feeling that guy would also sail a few rounds 2 blocks down the road if the shtf. The guy down the street would be glad he got trained. Or at least handle it a little at the range. He's holding it like someone holding a rifle for the first time.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now the local police are "investigating" the St. Louis couple, and Kimberly Gardner, the city's circuit attorney, is saying that “I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault. We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated.” I saw the video. What kind of alternate reality is she living in? There was no "violent assault"! It is the twisting the truth like this that causes this anarchy to continue. The real narrative is that people in the riot group were wearing body armor and a couple of them were armed, and they broke through onto private property, trespassing.

St. Louis couple who brandished guns being investigated after clash with protesters

Reaction score
Now the local police are "investigating" the St. Louis couple, and Kimberly Gardner, the city's circuit attorney, is saying that “I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault. We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated.” I saw the video. What kind of alternate reality is she living in? There was no "violent assault"! It is the twisting the truth like this that causes this anarchy to continue. The real narrative is that people in the riot group were wearing body armor and a couple of them were armed, and they broke through onto private property, trespassing.

St. Louis couple who brandished guns being investigated after clash with protesters
A massive multi-million dollar home..... there is some security camera footage we have not seen. I hope they are very high-end and have mics so that the threats from that mob can be heard.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'd wager that they have an old Analog system. My experience has been that "regular" people with money tend to cheap out on this stuff. Heck, I think of some of the lucrative car dealerships in SE Michigan who's surveillance video was good for absolute squat...
Yeah-- I could see that. Now--- AFTER the fact--- they will probably do it up right...

EDIT: and they really NEED to--- they are going to be targeted.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

It would be hilarious if some "protesters" broke down the front door of her house and started chanting because I'm sure she'd join in on the peaceful protest in her living room.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And I think I’d have taken a cover position behind something solid ...

Actually a no win situation.
your choices :

1- do what they did and confront the mob who by accounts had already forcibly entered private property. They were sitting ducks if things had gone hot though

2- E&E out the backdoor ( knowing the house may get torched)

3-Take up defensive positions in the house and Wait for the cavalry which may or may not come in time. First sign of illegal entry into the house, or a bottle of liquid with cloth being lit, inflict necessary casualties to defend your life and hope the mob dissipates.

All have their own sets of risks.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is just the beginning of of the civil unrest... ( hint, be prepared... it is not gonna get more civil.. )

Looking at the pictures, it is clear that the McCloskey's are certainly on top of the social economic pyramid, just the demographics whose power will be challenged more in the future.

"Designed in 1909, the 18,000-square-foot mansion was a wedding present for Anna Busch, the daughter of beer magnate Adolphus Busch, whose name adorns the city’s ballpark. The mansion was purchased in 1988 by its current residents, Mark and Patricia McCloskey, personal-injury attorneys whose office is located in another mansion they own a 15-minute walk away. .."

"..The protesters weren’t there to see the McCloskeys, they were just cutting through Portland Place on the way to the home of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson .."
ref:

Quite an amazingly modest home...
1593554888772.png

Reaction score
Hey lady...so I understand you had to point the gun at your husband's head (with finger on the trigger) to get him to take out the trash....Wimmens!...amiright?

View attachment 65147
LOL.... it IS a cringe-worthy thing--- finger on the trigger too. I think reality is that they are 6 to 8 feet apart, but the pic really looks terrible.
She needs to go to an NRA gun safety course. I wonder about a few things with them.....

Did they ever make anti-2A statements before?
Did they support the BLM protests overall (before they showed up trespassing & threatening outside their door)?
Will they suddenly see the light of reason since being pummelled with the double-standards and hypocrisy of the Dems?
Will they become...... REPUBLICANS??? LOL

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This is just the beginning of of the civil unrest... ( hint, be prepared... it is not gonna get more civil.. )

Looking at the pictures, it is clear that the McCloskey's are certainly on top of the social economic pyramid, just the demographics whose power will be challenged more in the future.

"Designed in 1909, the 18,000-square-foot mansion was a wedding present for Anna Busch, the daughter of beer magnate Adolphus Busch, whose name adorns the city’s ballpark. The mansion was purchased in 1988 by its current residents, Mark and Patricia McCloskey, personal-injury attorneys whose office is located in another mansion they own a 15-minute walk away. .."

"..The protesters weren’t there to see the McCloskeys, they were just cutting through Portland Place on the way to the home of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson .."
ref:

Quite an amazingly modest home...
View attachment 65168
There are pictures of the broken down gate. Somebody did that so people could get through the gate.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are pictures of the broken down gate. Somebody did that so people could get through the gate.
Yes, the article did cover that.. also it covered a bit why the neighborhood was private.. the gate was private community property.

Also covered issues with segregation / separation issues... as I noted, this will not get any more civil - regardless of how much money rich powerful folks give both parties.

LOL.... it IS a cringe-worthy thing--- finger on the trigger too. I think reality is that they are 6 to 8 feet apart, but the pic really looks terrible.
She needs to go to an NRA gun safety course. I wonder about a few things with them.....

Did they ever make anti-2A statements before?
Did they support the BLM protests overall (before they showed up trespassing & threatening outside their door)?
Will they suddenly see the light of reason since being pummelled with the double-standards and hypocrisy of the Dems?
Will they become...... REPUBLICANS??? LOL
Like most folks in the top tier.. they donated to both parties to maximize connections.

Not unusual tactic for many who want to keep flexible options.