US Elections (& Politics) :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Clinton was so accurate with his cues that he was able to do a strike on his first pitch. Even Monica would approve :rofl:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick: What's the License Plate Number? :offtopic:

Crazy what happened overseas,

The administration thinks it was an attack. Sounds more like sabotage to me. Who the heck stores large amounts of ammonium nitrate next to a populous city? :facepalm:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That had to be one hell of a lot of ammonium nitrate to make an explosion that looked like a MOAB went off. Plus, if it was ammonium nitrate that was stored there, it was also stored right next to a fireworks plant or storage facility. Rocket science at its finest and, hopefully, Darwin hard at work. I feel bad for the innocent people that were killed and injured, not to mention making Beirut look even more like Beirut.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
“I’m About Done With This Crap”: Documents, Voicemail Show Prosecutors Pressured Detective Into Signing Off On McCloskey Charges

If police determined that at least one person in the mob on Mark and Patricia McCloskey’s property was armed, another labeled “Human Shield,” and several issued threats against the couple … then why were they charged at all? Local NBC affiliate KSDK reported last week that documents and a voicemail show that Kimberly Gardner’s office pressured the lead detective on the case to “quickly reassess this evidence,” and when that didn’t work, threatened his supervisor with bad publicity unless the detective relented. That puts the prosecution of the McCloskeys in an even more questionable light — and likely makes it impossible to boot (via Tom Knighton at Bearing Arms):

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
They, the fake news people involved in this, understand what happened here but are totally side stepping it. Biden asked a Black man if he'd taken a Cocaine Test. If President Trump had asked a Black man if he'd taken a Cocaine test before that interview he'd have been called a racist.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
LMAO, Wall Street and the Top 1%

AND A WALL STREET BONUS:

And Yet they have nothing to loose :facepalm:

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Cuomo calls on wealthy to return to New York City: 'You got to come back!'

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) is calling on the wealthy to return to New York City from their weekend homes in the surrounding suburbs, fearing they may choose to stay and file taxes there.

“I literally talk to people all day long who are now in their Hamptons house who also lived here, or in their Hudson Valley house or in their Connecticut weekend house, and I say, ‘You got to come back, when are you coming back?’” Cuomo said at a press conference Monday.

"'We'll go to dinner, I'll buy you a drink, come over, I’ll cook,'” Cuomo added in jest.

His comments come as state legislators and some New York lawmakers in Washington have called for him to adopt a billionaire’s tax, which he has vehemently rejected.

According to Cuomo, the richest 1 percent of the population already pays 50 percent of the taxes in the city. Progressive lawmakers have argued they still pay a much lower percentage of their earnings than lower-income residents of the city.

Cuomo argues that a wealth tax would deter the wealthy from coming back to New York City and paying their taxes there.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cuomo calls on wealthy to return to New York City: 'You got to come back!'

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) is calling on the wealthy to return to New York City from their weekend homes in the surrounding suburbs, fearing they may choose to stay and file taxes there.

“I literally talk to people all day long who are now in their Hamptons house who also lived here, or in their Hudson Valley house or in their Connecticut weekend house, and I say, ‘You got to come back, when are you coming back?’” Cuomo said at a press conference Monday.

"'We'll go to dinner, I'll buy you a drink, come over, I’ll cook,'” Cuomo added in jest.

His comments come as state legislators and some New York lawmakers in Washington have called for him to adopt a billionaire’s tax, which he has vehemently rejected.

According to Cuomo, the richest 1 percent of the population already pays 50 percent of the taxes in the city. Progressive lawmakers have argued they still pay a much lower percentage of their earnings than lower-income residents of the city.

Cuomo argues that a wealth tax would deter the wealthy from coming back to New York City and paying their taxes there.

and.. this is the reason they really want to lynch Trump... taxes.. changed the tax deductions so that there is less mortgage deductions, encouraging the wealthier to move from Blue States to Red States...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If you really want to stimulate the economy then the least you do for the millions of inhabitants occupying the City of New York is to improve their quality of life. Its hard to imagine how people live so congested in the city and there are many areas that look run down. Go back 20 years and many areas still look the same today. Most of the buildings in New York City are at least 100 years old. There is no taste in the city; no uniformity; no class. Neighborhoods all throughout the city are divided based on demographics pertaining to race. Diversity is only in some areas; often lack of diversity in certain areas prevent the influx in some areas. If people change their lifestyle and their way of living, then the city is worthwhile. However, at this time, NYC doesn't hold much value as it used to. Amidst this pandemic I've been noticing more and more people flocking out of the city and moving to suburbs. Much of the infrastructure is neglected. Now the suburbs will feel the brunt of the mass exodus from NYC

and.. this is the reason they really want to lynch Trump... taxes.. changed the tax deductions so that there is less mortgage deductions, encouraging the wealthier to move from Blue States to Red States...

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you live in NYC, arjun, or have you spent any, appreciable, time there? It is definitely on the decline since Comrade DeBlasio got into office the first time and it's rapidly accelerating downhill during his second term. It's hard to believe that the voters kept him in office, but they did and are "reaping" the fruits of that decision on a daily basis.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and.. the battle lines get drawn out and clear.... from Joe Biden who can not even describe what an AR-14 is...

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
·
Aug 5
Weapons of war have no place in our communities. When I was a senator, I took on the
@NRA
and secured a 10-year ban on assault weapons — and as president, I’ll ban these weapons again.

1596753701679.png
biden.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you live in NYC, arjun, or have you spent any, appreciable, time there? It is definitely on the decline since Comrade DeBlasio got into office the first time and it's rapidly accelerating downhill during his second term. It's hard to believe that the voters kept him in office, but they did and are "reaping" the fruits of that decision on a daily basis.
I’m not far from NYC, but the last time I drove crosstown in Manhattan the roads were an utter mess. I’d rather have preferred the Sahara Desert. The roads on Long Island have also deteriorated in recent times. I was extremely pleased by the repavement of two parkways last month. You guys have it rough on the NJ Turnpike :rofl:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't remember a time that the roads in NYC were not a mess, pot holes everywhere and constantly digging in the streets for some kind of utility work. I will say they've done a lot of work on and around the GWB so that's not too bad, but once you get away from there, yuck! I haven't been on the Turnpike or the Parkway in so long I have no idea what shape they're in, but given the traffic increases they're both probably a little gamey.