US Elections (& Politics) :)

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Joe Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence | Joe Biden for President

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AR-14? Did it ever get off Armalite's drawing board?
Yes AR-14.. that's what Biden explicitly called out of what he wants to ban....

btw - this illustrates why the NY AG wants to dismantle the NRA and has thrown a monkey wrench into them for this election season.. to stop these sort of messages...

Last edited:

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trump quote of the day - why does he make this stuff up?

Less than 24 hours after President Trump said some “great generals” told him they thought that Tuesday’s massive explosion in Beirut was an “attack” involving “a bomb of some kind,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper seemed less than convinced by that explanation.

Speaking to an online audience Wednesday as part of the Aspen Security Forum, Esper said he was “still getting information” on the blast in the Lebanese capital, but that “most believe that it was an accident, as reported.”

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
President Trump is everywhere and Joe Biden is nowhere.

NY Times reporter notes Biden staff 'anxiety' over gaffes, claims Dems 'thrilled' ex-VP off campaign trail

New York Times national political correspondent Jonathan Martin tweeted Thursday that presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden's recent stumbles have unsettled party officials and left them "thrilled there is no real public campaign."

Biden raised eyebrows twice this week over remarks during an interview that aired at the convention of the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists.

In a preview clip released Wednesday, the former vice president snapped at CBS News correspondent Errol Barnett over a question about whether he had taken a cognitive test, comparing it to asking Barnett to "take a test where you're taking cocaine or not."

"What do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?" Biden then asked Barnett, who is Black

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump quote of the day - why does he make this stuff up?

Less than 24 hours after President Trump said some “great generals” told him they thought that Tuesday’s massive explosion in Beirut was an “attack” involving “a bomb of some kind,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper seemed less than convinced by that explanation.

Speaking to an online audience Wednesday as part of the Aspen Security Forum, Esper said he was “still getting information” on the blast in the Lebanese capital, but that “most believe that it was an accident, as reported.”
The Latest: President Says 2 Possible Causes in Beirut Blast

Lebanese President Michel Aoun says there are two possibilities behind Tuesday’s blast — either negligence or “external intervention” by a missile or a bomb.

Aoun said Friday that he asked France for satellite images to see if there were warplanes or missiles in the air at the time of the blast.

The blast is believed to have been caused when a fire touched off 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate that had been stored at the port since it was taken from an impounded ship in 2013. The cause of the initial fire is not known.

Aoun told journalists that he received information on July 20 about the stored material and “immediately ordered” military and security officials to do what was necessary. He did not elaborate. He said several governments in charge since 2013 received warnings about the material.

He said the investigation is concentrating on 20 persons. He rejected an international investigation into the blast, saying that it will make us “lose the truth.”

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Latest: President Says 2 Possible Causes in Beirut Blast

Lebanese President Michel Aoun says there are two possibilities behind Tuesday’s blast — either negligence or “external intervention” by a missile or a bomb.

Aoun said Friday that he asked France for satellite images to see if there were warplanes or missiles in the air at the time of the blast.

The blast is believed to have been caused when a fire touched off 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate that had been stored at the port since it was taken from an impounded ship in 2013. The cause of the initial fire is not known.

Aoun told journalists that he received information on July 20 about the stored material and “immediately ordered” military and security officials to do what was necessary. He did not elaborate. He said several governments in charge since 2013 received warnings about the material.

He said the investigation is concentrating on 20 persons. He rejected an international investigation into the blast, saying that it will make us “lose the truth.”

It sure was not a planned fireworks display. As the poster above you tries to play it that it was not an explosion.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes AR-14.. that's what Biden explicitly called out of what he wants to ban....

btw - this illustrates why the NY AG wants to dismantle the NRA and has thrown a monkey wrench into them for this election season.. to stop these sort of messages...
Good video for Trump campaign.

It's too bad the NRA has ripped off their members so that many I know won't pay their hard-earned cash for dues again. Even so, nobody I know wants the left to destroy it. All they've done (the left) with their lawsuit is to energize a bunch more folks to vote for Trump.

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It sure was not a planned fireworks display. As the poster above you tries to play it that it was not an explosion.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Somebody said a welder was working in close proximity. Somebody else said it could have been careless smokers. Whatever, it's going to need fuel from somewhere, as in ANFO.

One thing is certain, the unvarnished facts aren't coming out in the news any time soon unless they're leaked.

Hard to say whose chain Trump was yanking with his assertion of an attack. Iran's? Hardly out of the question.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trump quote of the day:

TRUMP: “Over the next two weeks, I’ll be pursuing a major executive order requiring health insurance companies to cover all preexisting conditions for all customers. That’s a big thing. I’ve always been very strongly in favor. ... This has never been done before.”

THE FACTS: No executive order is needed to protect people with preexisting medical conditions because “Obamacare” already does that and it’s the law of the land. If Trump persuades the Supreme Court to overturn the Affordable Care Act as unconstitutional, it’s unclear what degree of protection an executive order would offer in place of the law.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: Anti-2nd amendment rights politicians

Excellent points made in this video which I have not heard before:

1) Question: Shotgun vs AR15 - which can be used better by anyone in the home for defense?

2) If you want to end mass incarceration then why are you going to make at least 20 Million American's Criminals?

3) US military, significant top heroes learned to shoot before they joined the military. ( York, Murphy, Carlos Hatcock.. )

Why you DO need an AR-15 under the Second Amendment: Gun Guys Special Guest Massad Ayoob

Ken Hackathorn and Massad Ayoob talk about the parallels between the development of personal defense and law enforcement weapons, and why the AR-15 is an entirely appropriate weapon for defending your home.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.......If you want to end mass incarceration then why are you going to make at least 20 Million American's Criminals?
And those 20 million law abiding citizens will likely become future victims because the REAL criminals will not turn over their guns...FWIW, convicted felons are not supposed to carry anyway but we see everyday that they do because.....THEY'RE CRIMINALS! :idk:

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The best argument I've seen lately for an AR-15 is McCloskey holding off dozens of rioters with bad intentions in St Louis.

The left always changes the argument of an issue by creating false choices. They describe features which they claim make a weapon an "assault" weapon and then argue you don't need weapons of war for hunting or sport. None of which pertains to the second amendment.

And by the way, why does the Department of Education, the SSA, EPA and other such non-LE government agencies "NEED" M-16s, suppressed Glocks and thousands of rounds of hollow point ammo? Obviously, they're not as against weapons as they pretend to be. Just you and me having them to fight back.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For most of my life I've felt that the 2nd amendment was originally written to guarantee that I would be able to protect myself and my home from felons and those wishing to invade my domicile and do harm to us. I'm referring to those that sneak around in the dark and plot heinous crimes against the inhabitants. Certainly, that is an important consideration.

However, in recent years I have come to realize that those seeking to do me and my family harm, take away our rights and oppress us are not only the felons, thieves, drug addicts, rapists and murderers that we expect it is also the government officials and aspiring politicians that we have put into positions of power that seek to take away our liberties and freedoms. The biggest difference that I see between the felons and the elected officials is the straightforward honesty of the felons, as we know where they stand and what their intentions are. The officials extend their right hand to shake yours while the left hand is preparing to snap on the hand cuffs. Then you can kiss your firearms and freedoms good-bye as they begin to fall like stacked dominoes. Take away the right to bear arms first, then the rest should be easy. Soon the rights to freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom to practice your faith, especially if you’re a Christian or a Jew, will be gone.

I am saddened, alarmed and angry in what I have seen in my relatively short age of 71; just 15 years ago I could never have imagined then what we're facing now. The prospects are frightening. I'll be departing this orb soon but I fear for my grandchildren and their children that they won't enjoy the freedoms that I have. I am a veteran as was my late father. We both served in wars and conflicts in foreign lands to defend those that could not defend themselves against oppressive regimes and despots.

Now that battle is here, right here on our own soil.

Personally, I don't give a damn what part of my membership fees went into who's pockets at the NRA. What I need, and what the NRA has been in the past for me, is an organization with the necessary skills, desires and legal resources to take a stand with those of us that feel the 2nd Amendment is more than just inked words on a historical document under glass.

Be wary, be alert and be prepared, my friends. I've walked away from some skirmishes in my lifetime and other than God's mercy and grace, that's probably why I'm still here. I'm old, I'm tired and there's not much gas left in the tank....but I have made my decision. I don’t mean to sound overly dramatic, but this is the hill I've chosen to defend.

Have you picked your hill yet?

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Tony, in this thread you're not standing on that hill alone by any means. Unfortunately in another thread I can think of, they;d be trying to confiscate those methods self defense. I do wonder how long people can maintain such levels of hate and vitriol without losing their sanity, of course that assumes they're sane to begin with.

Last edited: