US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
NJ City Officials Charged After 1 In 5 Mail-In Ballots Found To Be Fraudulent In Election

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal filed voter fraud charges Thursday against two Paterson city officials who allegedly engaged in a mail-in ballot scheme in connection to a special election in May.

Grewal levelled the charges against Paterson City Councilman Michael Jackson, Councilman-Elect Alex Mendez, and two other men after the Postal Inspection Service warned Grewal’s office that hundreds of mail-in ballots were found in a Paterson mailbox, InsiderNJ reported Thursday.

The attorney general’s Office of Public Integrity & Accountability (OPIA) began a probe after the Postal Inspection Service issued the warning. Paterson authorities decided to conduct the May 12 special election through mail-in ballots due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has reportedly killed more than 124,000 people in the U.S.

Only 13,557 of the 16,747 vote-by-mail ballots in Paterson were counted, a local NBC affiliate in New York reported in May. More than 800 ballots in Paterson were invalidated for appearing in mailboxes tethered together. One mailbox reportedly had hundreds of ballots tied together.

The board of elections disqualified another 2,300 ballots after concluding that the signatures did not match voting records.

One Paterson woman named Romana Javier, after NBC showed her a list of people who allegedly voted on her block, told the channel that she never received a ballot and did not vote. “We did not receive vote-by-mail ballots and thus we did not vote,” she said. “This is corruption. This is fraud.”

The potential for fraud as a result of state and local officials resorting to mail-in ballots has become a topic of conversation among conservatives. Twitter flagged one of President Donald Trump’s tweets for suggesting in May that California’s mail-in ballots will be “substantially fraudulent.”

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
NJ City Officials Charged After 1 In 5 Mail-In Ballots Found To Be Fraudulent In Election

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal filed voter fraud charges Thursday against two Paterson city officials who allegedly engaged in a mail-in ballot scheme in connection to a special election in May.

Grewal levelled the charges against Paterson City Councilman Michael Jackson, Councilman-Elect Alex Mendez, and two other men after the Postal Inspection Service warned Grewal’s office that hundreds of mail-in ballots were found in a Paterson mailbox, InsiderNJ reported Thursday.

The attorney general’s Office of Public Integrity & Accountability (OPIA) began a probe after the Postal Inspection Service issued the warning. Paterson authorities decided to conduct the May 12 special election through mail-in ballots due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has reportedly killed more than 124,000 people in the U.S.

Only 13,557 of the 16,747 vote-by-mail ballots in Paterson were counted, a local NBC affiliate in New York reported in May. More than 800 ballots in Paterson were invalidated for appearing in mailboxes tethered together. One mailbox reportedly had hundreds of ballots tied together.

The board of elections disqualified another 2,300 ballots after concluding that the signatures did not match voting records.

One Paterson woman named Romana Javier, after NBC showed her a list of people who allegedly voted on her block, told the channel that she never received a ballot and did not vote. “We did not receive vote-by-mail ballots and thus we did not vote,” she said. “This is corruption. This is fraud.”

The potential for fraud as a result of state and local officials resorting to mail-in ballots has become a topic of conversation among conservatives. Twitter flagged one of President Donald Trump’s tweets for suggesting in May that California’s mail-in ballots will be “substantially fraudulent.”

Once again I'm shocked :blankstare:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is probably next. Change out the Presidents on our money. There will be no end to it.
Yep.
What about anybody named "Lynch"? or "White"?
What about a deck of playing cards? Will we wind up with diamonds, hearts, clubs and.....shovels?
I'm not joking here...when WILL it end?

Give me frickin' break. :mad:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I cannot believe that with all this turmoil, a man with undeniable dementia, who is pushing further and further left, is beating Trump in polls. Either it's a repeat of 2016, or we are in very real trouble. How any working taxpayer can watch what is happening and not immediately jump on the Trump train is beyond me.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Another peaceful protest. Video/audio at link of someone being shot. This time in Louisville.

More on shooting.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
But, but if someone says something that hurts my feelings or I disagree with it should be illegal/banned/cancelled! ... this is something we see happening all over with certain demographics. They are so far removed from reality this shit actually makes sense to them.... until it happens to them..

This is what you get with entire generations of coddled, self absorbed, weak minds...... and they’re being taught this in schools from K through college.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot believe that with all this turmoil, a man with undeniable dementia, who is pushing further and further left, is beating Trump in polls. Either it's a repeat of 2016, or we are in very real trouble. How any working taxpayer can watch what is happening and not immediately jump on the Trump train is beyond me.
I don't place a lot of credence in those polls. I'll go so far as to say there's a few Dems that are voting Trump (or aren't voting) but won't admit it. In fact, I think it'll be a landslide victory for Trump.

And we thought there was a lot whining, crying and gnashing of teeth from the left when Trump won in 2016? .......their heads are going to absolutely explode this November. And the rioting we're seeing now will look a bar fight compared to what is going to take place.

The sad thing is, Trump winning will be what really is best for us.....unless you feel that poorer employment numbers for ALL races and genders is good; that China, the U.N. and WHO are all top-notch and always have our country's best interest at heart, and you want our President to make sure that the welfare of the U.S. and its people are put LAST in all governmental laws, decisions, policies and treaties.

But Trump will be blamed for the post-victory riots any way, just like he's blamed by many now for COVID-19 getting to where it has. You see, it's OK to have close-quarters demonstrations and riots, because the upticks in cases is due to businesses opening, people attending church / worship services and Trump rallies. ...as that's what the MSM says, so it must be true.

Trump has done more "good" in 3 years for this country as a whole than was done in 50 years and that includes a LOT of Republican presidents. You see, Trump is rude, crude and doesn't give a rat's ass what you think of him 'cause he cares about this country. He owes no one anything because he wasn't a politician. And he sure as heck doesn't need the money. Ego? He's already got that too but ask me if I care.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
These days,, it is dangerous to tell anyone that you will be voting for the big bad orange man, even pollsters. You may be chastised, cancelled, or even violently attacked. What a world we live in. Not to worry, he will win again regardless of what the msm will tell us again.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Two people I have known for 15+ years recently told me they will be voting for Trump. What's interesting about that is both these men are life long democrat party members. It would be unthinkable by their families to make the switch. One said he is permamantly changing parties. One say Trump is the greatest president in his lifetime and he's 87 years old. I think there may be a lot of folks who are silently making the move. I've had black people, unsolicited, say BLM is bullshit because all lives matter.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a call from a local campaign worker yesterday. Our choices for Republican Congressional representation are abysmal. One candidate has been banned from Target for life, multiple drunk and disorderly arrests, lost her seat on the Country Freeholders board for raising taxes and supported Governor Murphy to raise tolls. The other candidate had a deal with one of the Bidens that made him millions and has a very checkered record with support for President Trump and Liberal views. I told the campaign worker I was not voting for either his candidate or the opposing candidate. I refuse to support either and have to wonder about the sanity of the Republican Party leadership here, and this county is a Republican stronghold.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But, but if someone says something that hurts my feelings or I disagree with it should be illegal/banned/cancelled! ... this is something we see happening all over with certain demographics. They are so far removed from reality this shit actually makes sense to them.... until it happens to them..

This is what you get with entire generations of coddled, self absorbed, weak minds...... and they’re being taught this in schools from K through college.
So true.

And receive a certificate for just participating or a trophy for showing up. We don't want anyone to be disappointed or sad. Instead we want you to grow up being babied and coddled so that when you do become a teen and have a little setback or someone looks at you sideways you go get your dad's AR-15 and spray all those nearby that didn't let you have your way or didn't kiss your butt at every opportunity. You never learned to deal with any adversity and were sheltered from all grief and are now overly emotional about everything, especially as it pertains to you. After all, the sun rises and sets just for you every day, right? Everything is offensive and you see a double meaning in every word you hear.

Reaction score
Keep an eye on Targetsportsusa.com they occasionaly have some great deals when they have stock. About all you can find in 9mm nowadays is premium defensive ammo, Gold Dots, HST, and its $.80+ per round vs $.45 They have had Gold Dots on sale by the case at $.35 a couple of times and I was able to score a couple, goes quick!
I use AmmoSeek to see what's out there. My supply of 9mm is getting low, and I feel the need to shoot some more and improve my skill. OMG--- the chances of getting a reasonable price on 500 or 1,000 rounds is pretty damn low. Crazy!! I wonder how long it will take to bring supplies back up to normal??? Not too interested in spending 80 cents a round to shoot paper...