US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah its a mess.
Note I dont spend $.80 on anything 9mm. But sign up for alerts on TargetSports and occasionally they'll dump Gold Dots for $.35.
On range FMJ 9mm I used to be able to get it for $.19-.20 p/round all day delivered.... not now

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, its a free country and you have your rights:

"ANNAPOLIS, Md. — A Maryland man who has helped organize “reopen” protests against measures intended to slow the spread of the coronavirus says he has the virus.
Tim Walters is a co-founder of the ReOpen Maryland movement. The Capital Gazette and Washington Post report that he announced on social media that he has tested positive.
In a Facebook video, he said he was diagnosed at a hospital emergency room. The newspapers report that he said, “Here I am months after not wearing a mask at rallies, churches and so on and so it’s funny how capricious this thing is.”
Walters declined interview requests from the papers. He said he would not provide any information to public health officials trying to trace the spread of the disease. "

So your 'rights' include spreading a deadly disease to other people and then refusing to help trace . . .

Somewhere your 'rights' stop when it affects (infects?) other people.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
NYT Finds Themselves in a Blunder Over Their Botched Russia-Taliban Story

Members of the American intelligence community have concluded that members of the Russian intelligence unit offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants if they successfully killed members of the American military, the New York Times reported. The problem, however, is that almost everyone involved in this story says it isn't true. The White House, Russia and even the Taliban have said the Times' story is false.

According to the anonymous source that spoke to the Times, the Russians intending "to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year."

The source claimed that President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence were briefed on the situation and the National Security Council discussed it back in March.

Dmitry Peskov, the Press Secretary for Russian President Vladimir Putin, said the country had no diplomatic complaints on record.

“If someone makes them, we’ll respond,” Peskov told the Times.

In the Times' piece, the Taliban's spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, said the terrorist organization had no "such relations with any intelligence agency." He labeled the accusation as an attempt to "defame" the group.

“These kinds of deals with the Russian intelligence agency are baseless — our target killings and assassinations were ongoing in years before, and we did it on our own resources,” Mujahid explained. “That changed after our deal with the Americans, and their lives are secure and we don’t attack them.”

The most telling part of the article included absolutely zero details:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The Summer of love continues in CHAZ. :)

CHAZ shooting one dead one critical. CHAZ Medics can't get out of CHAZ with man dying in car because of barriers. Seattle Fire medic 1 just one block away but can't get in because of barriers.

Watch this coverage of aftermath of CHAZ shooting. Shooting took place around 3:00 June 29.

The CHAZ medics, transporting a victim who died I believe, could not get out of CHAZ because of all the CHAZ barriers. You can see them go down one road, back up try another, back up again.

Meanwhile Fire Department Medic 1 is stuck at a CHAZ barrier just one block away.

Another gun shot victim dies because of CHAZ, Mayor Durkan, City Council, Police Chief and this one was shot by CHAZ "security".

Another CHAZ murder scene completely contaminated, no professional evidence gathering, documentation, no crime scene protection. Some live video feed already removed.

One video shows no guns in the front seat of alleged shooters car. Did CHAZ "security" take the guns out? Right after shooting one CHAZ "security" says, "Sorry man, I ran out of bullets." and then laughs along with others.

CHAZ says car was speeding to run in to CHAZ barriers but street car turned on looks like an open street, barriers along side but not across road and car does not appear to be speeding at all. Were there skid marks? SPD traffic fatality scene experts would be able to tell exactly the speed, braking etc. but even at this time, 7 and 1/2 hours after shooting no SPD allowed? on scene. Disgusting.

Reaction score
If you haven't seen this, it is very telling of our current situation. Over the years, the Democrats median ideology has shifted dramatically LEFT, while the GOP median ideology has shifted only slightly to the right. There is greater diversity of ideology within the GOP than in the Democrats.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Black Lives Matter, only if they die while in police custody. Keep in mind that BLM was founded by Marxists and espouses Marxist philosophy even now.

Reaction score
On range FMJ 9mm I used to be able to get it for $.19-.20 p/round all day delivered.... not now
Yeah, Winchester White Box 100s were $9.95 at Walmart before Obama. I could not even reload that cheep. I currently reload 9mm JHP for $0.15 each. That is with scavenged brass and the powder, primers, and bullets that I bought pre-Obama though. Still have about 23# of powder and 29k of primers. But I am getting low on JHP bullets, down to only 9500 of those.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The people who fought and died for that flag are rolling in their graves.

Disgusting.
When I was in the service (yeah, I'm an old guy) in '71, we were advised to NOT wear our uniforms when traveling commercial in order to not have "incidents" with protesters. I thought that was pretty crappy. Heck, it doesn't even mildly compare to the way the US is now...

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
NYT Finds Themselves in a Blunder Over Their Botched Russia-Taliban Story

Members of the American intelligence community have concluded that members of the Russian intelligence unit offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants if they successfully killed members of the American military, the New York Times reported. The problem, however, is that almost everyone involved in this story says it isn't true. The White House, Russia and even the Taliban have said the Times' story is false.

According to the anonymous source that spoke to the Times, the Russians intending "to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year."

The source claimed that President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence were briefed on the situation and the National Security Council discussed it back in March.

Dmitry Peskov, the Press Secretary for Russian President Vladimir Putin, said the country had no diplomatic complaints on record.

“If someone makes them, we’ll respond,” Peskov told the Times.

In the Times' piece, the Taliban's spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, said the terrorist organization had no "such relations with any intelligence agency." He labeled the accusation as an attempt to "defame" the group.

“These kinds of deals with the Russian intelligence agency are baseless — our target killings and assassinations were ongoing in years before, and we did it on our own resources,” Mujahid explained. “That changed after our deal with the Americans, and their lives are secure and we don’t attack them.”

The most telling part of the article included absolutely zero details:
The most telling part of the article: "According to the anonymous source that spoke to the Times..."

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Theyre all mostly young teens and 20 somethings. They do and think whatever is fashionable and whatever social media tells them to think. We have raised a whole generation of weak minded, coddled, self absorbed droids.
And let's not forget to hold educators accountable for their indoctrination efforts. The left has overrun the public schools and universities.