US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
two things
first i really shouldnt of clicked that link without the benefit of an adblocker

2nd the dems had already passed pretty generous bills for relief already in the house. its now just a matter of hammering out a compromise that mitch and trump will agree to.

also bonus third point. Is it common for that site to leave out links for sources? if there is legislation there will always be a link to it on the house or the senates website.
According to the story it was a compromise bill. The House bills have a lot of "pork" in them for their pet projects.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
two things
first i really shouldnt of clicked that link without the benefit of an adblocker

2nd the dems had already passed pretty generous bills for relief already in the house. its now just a matter of hammering out a compromise that mitch and trump will agree to.

also bonus third point. Is it common for that site to leave out links for sources? if there is legislation there will always be a link to it on the house or the senates website.
Ive deleted my post. I was wrong to blame the Dems for holding up a bill for the 3rd time now so they can blame it on Trump. yes they passed a gazzilion $ bill.

They often quote sources. This was reprinted news and I dont guess they felt it necessary being all over the news sites today. that brings up a good point though, why doesnt the same apply to Liberal news outlets like CNN/CBS, MSNBC etc? I see stories all the time on those sites with no citation?

The ad blocker? Is one registration popup.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is how you get a Harris/Biden err Biden/Harris Administration:
The trouble with most primaries is anyone can vote for one party or the other. It is common for people to support a candidate from one party, but vote for someone in the other party during the primary that they believe their candidate can easily beat. So this candidate got 4100 votes but was only running against write ins? I bet that a lot of younger folks just voted for him/her just to piss folks off.

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The trouble with most primaries is anyone can vote for one party or the other. It is common for people to support a candidate from one party, but vote for someone in the other party during the primary that they believe their candidate can easily beat. So this candidate got 4100 votes but was only running against write ins? I bet that a lot of younger folks just voted for him/her just to piss folks off.
You could be right. But he ran on "F*** THE POLICE" slogan and voters, like lemmings, checked the R box without caring or even noticing. Now the NH voters are pissed and think they were scammed.

Lazy voters are killing this country. The Marxists wouldn't stand a chance in hell here without them.

Despite lazy voters, what thinking or responsible or reasonable adult could vote for a party who supports:
The destruction of their own country?
The demonization of the police?
The lionizing of criminals?
The catch and release without charges of criminals/thugs who destroy property and assault innocent citizens?

Any one of these should disqualify the dems from any position of leadership or authority.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They often quote sources. This was reprinted news and I dont guess they felt it necessary being all over the news sites today. that brings up a good point though, why doesnt the same apply to Liberal news outlets like CNN/CBS, MSNBC etc? I see stories all the time on those sites with no citation?

The ad blocker? Is one registration popup.
to your first point i hold anything that tries to pass itself off as a journalist site accountable to providing source links that go directly to the source and not just another news, media, or blog site that just parrots what they are saying. huffpo, msnbc, cnn, newsmax, new york post, new york times etc... it doesnt matter who it is.

I learned to look at the source of the information directly when i still considered myself a republican. one of the instances that lead me to do it was when someone one of my FB friend's list liked one of elizabeth warrens post trashing the GOP for "gutting" NASA's funding. this didnt make sense given that republicans have traditionally been more generous toward NASA than democrats due to the overlap with national security interests. Anyway she linked a blog post, which used another blog site, that in turn used another blog site as a source. Well i found the bill in question and in reality the GOP bill could cut the earth science funding by like 1 billion, but boosted NASA's overall funding by 2 billion. So the "gut" accounted to a funding increase.

also regarding the ad blocker, when i clicked on the link the website i got had more ads than a buzzfeed website. i normally run ublock, and have pi-hole for a network level ad blocking, but i am on my work laptop routed through work's VPN so i dont have the benefits of those sadly.

Reaction score
voters, like lemmings, checked the R box
But this was a primary. There is no checking the R box. You actually have to pick a candidate. But if there was only one listed, they would be selected by anyone who did not really know that candidate. I do not think this person spent a much money running his bid. When some folks saw what was happening, they tried to get others to vote for a write in candidate.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump Overtakes Biden, 47%-46%, Hits 52% Approval

In a polling double tap on the Democratic presidential ticket, President Trump for the first time has edged in front of Joe Biden in his bid for reelection and he’s reached his highest approval rating for the year.

The just issued Rasmussen Reports surveys put Trump’s approval rating at 52%, after a string of 51% marks. He reached 52% two other times this year.

And the pollster’s weekly race review released at noon had Trump nudging ahead of Biden, 47%-46%.

“President Trump has now edged to a one-point lead over Democratic nominee Joe Biden in the latest Rasmussen Reports’ weekly White House Watch survey. While statistically insignificant, it’s the first time Trump has been ahead,” said the poll analysis.

It added, "The race has narrowed over the past two weeks. Biden had a two-point lead last week, but that survey also marked the first time Trump had edged above 45% over the past two-and-a-half months. Prior to this week, Biden has bested Trump in every weekly survey since White House Watch began at the beginning of July."

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Milwaukee Trump Supporter Arrested for Brandishing a Gun at Black Lives Matter Mob That Was Surrounding His Home (VIDEO)

A Milwaukee man has reportedly been arrested after pulling a gun on a mob of Black Lives Matter supporters who were surrounding his home for several hours.
It is currently unclear who the man is or why the mob was at his house, but he did have a “Trump Train” flag hanging outside.

Members of the mob claimed on social media that their actions were justified because he is a “racist” and has a confederate flag. The flag was not seen in the videos, but an American and Trump flag were hanging prominently on the front of his home.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Study: Up To 95 Percent Of 2020 U.S. Riots Are Linked To Black Lives Matter

Contrary to corporate media narratives, up to 95 percent of this summer’s riots are linked to Black Lives Matter activism, according to data collected by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED). The data also show that nearly 6 percent — or more than 1 in 20 — of U.S. protests between May 26 and Sept. 5 involved rioting, looting, and similar violence, including 47 fatalities.

ACLED is a nonprofit organization that tracks conflict across the globe. Its U.S. project that collected the summer protest data is supported by Princeton University. The project’s spreadsheet collating tens of thousands of data points documents 12,045 incidents of U.S. civil unrest from May 26, 2020 to Sept. 5, 2020. May 26 is the day after George Floyd’s death in police custody with enough fentanyl in his system to have died of an overdose if police had never touched him.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump was impeached over a perfectly legitimate phone call to Ukraine. One finger joe gets away with something worse.

NEW AUDIO Released in Ukraine Reveals Joe Biden Trashing Trump and Promising to Stay Involved After Trump Inauguration — While His Son Was on the Dole

A new audio was released on Wednesday by Ukrainian authorities between then Vice President Joe Biden and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on November 16, 2016.

** CD Media posted the three audio segments.

In the first audio recording, which took place a week after the November 2016 election of Donald Trump, Biden is heard trashing the the incoming administration and promising to continue working with Ukrainian President Poroshenko.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
VICTOR JOECKS: King Sisolak’s coronavirus missteps give Trump a chance to win Nevada

If President Donald Trump wins Nevada, he should send a big thank you card to King Steve Sisolak.

With two massive rallies over the weekend, the Trump campaign clearly believes that Nevada is in play. Instinctively, that doesn’t make sense. Nevada has been trending blue for more than a decade. All but one of Nevada’s statewide elected officials is a Democrat. A recent New York Times/Siena poll showed Biden ahead by 4 points, while Hillary Clinton won Nevada only by 2.5 points.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Joe Biden probably slept on the plane coming and going from the event. Very little news coverage of his rally.

WOW! Biden Flies All the Way to Florida for Only an 18 MINUTE SPEECH to Less than a Dozen Latino Supporters (VIDEO)

Joe Biden flew all the way to Tampa, Florida today for a Hispanic Heritage Month rally tonight.

After an hour-and-a-half delay Joe Biden went out to speak to his handful of supporters. The enthusiasm in the room is non-existent.

It’s as if Trump supporters infiltrated his campaign.

SNIP

Joe Biden spoke for 18 minutes and then left the building.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Joe Biden probably slept on the plane coming and going from the event. Very little news coverage of his rally.

WOW! Biden Flies All the Way to Florida for Only an 18 MINUTE SPEECH to Less than a Dozen Latino Supporters (VIDEO)

Joe Biden flew all the way to Tampa, Florida today for a Hispanic Heritage Month rally tonight.

After an hour-and-a-half delay Joe Biden went out to speak to his handful of supporters. The enthusiasm in the room is non-existent.

It’s as if Trump supporters infiltrated his campaign.

SNIP

Joe Biden spoke for 18 minutes and then left the building.

Joe Biden was here??:idk:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Trump was impeached over a perfectly legitimate phone call to Ukraine. One finger joe gets away with something worse.

NEW AUDIO Released in Ukraine Reveals Joe Biden Trashing Trump and Promising to Stay Involved After Trump Inauguration — While His Son Was on the Dole

A new audio was released on Wednesday by Ukrainian authorities between then Vice President Joe Biden and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on November 16, 2016.

** CD Media posted the three audio segments.

In the first audio recording, which took place a week after the November 2016 election of Donald Trump, Biden is heard trashing the the incoming administration and promising to continue working with Ukrainian President Poroshenko.

It's not too late to impeach sleepy Joe. Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution says that impeachment may result in “disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.”