US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The pot calling the kettle black. :)

New York Times columnist unloads on CNN, says network boss' passion 'has never been hard news'

The New York Times excoriated CNN in a column Sunday that indicated the liberal network either “amped up outrage and righteousness” with anti-Trump coverage to increase ratings or CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker simply wants to destroy the man he helped turn into a star.

Times media columnist Ben Smith’s latest piece, “Jeff Zucker Helped Create Donald Trump. That Show May Be Ending,” argues that the bizarre relationship between the TV honcho and the president has left the once-nonpartisan CNN “competing with MSNBC for the same enraged American audience” of anti-Trump viewers.

Smith wrote that “Zucker’s professional passion has never been hard news,” which might seem odd for the man tasked with running a cable news organization.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Ridiculous, he's exploiting them :facepalm:

I have seen the first video before. It is quite alarming. I do not understand your point of the second video.

With respect to AI, Scott Adams talked about the role of AI in determining what news stories are offered up on the internet in the podcast by Dan Crenshaw that I posted a few days ago.
To add to the Telemundo interview above where Biden lost his line while reading to his left.

View attachment 70947

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Later you read the headlines that some psychopath drove off a cliff :rofl:
Since when do these events control your life :facepalm: Sh!t happens

Take a deep breath... (expand the screen before clicking play)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
LISTEN: Nancy Pelosi Says ‘We Can Impeach’ Trump ‘Every Day of the Week for Anything He Does’

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) told Kara Swisher of the New York Times in an interview released Monday that the House of Representatives can impeach President Donald Trump “every day of the week for anything he does.”

Swisher, a tech journalist with left-wing views, was pushing Pelosi to commit to doing more to fight back against President Trump, the Republican, and the conservative agenda.

The following exchange ensued:

Swisher: All right, but I’m going to press you one more time. What is your power to do this? I get the election, but you can get up more. You can speak out more. You can do more impeachments, things like that. Do you have enough power?

Pelosi: Well, we can impeach him every day of the week for anything he does. In fact, for —

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Chicago postal workers threaten to stop delivering mail after multiple employees shot on the job

United States Postal workers who deliver mail in some of Chicago’s more violent neighborhoods are threatening to halt their services after a mail carrier was shot in the city’s South Side earlier this month.
The carrier, a 24-year-old woman, was left critically and injured after being shot multiple times at 91st Street and Ellis Avenue while delivering mail on September 10. Police said the worker did not appear to be the target and had been caught in the crossfire during a drive-by.
Chicago’s WSL-TV reported that she was the second mail carrier wounded by gunfire on that route. Another mail carrier, also caught in the middle of gunfire, was shot in March while on the job but survived.
A day after the second worker was shot, another USPS employee was hit with a paintball in Chicago’s South Side. …

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Lisa Murkowski Reverses Position on Filling SCOTUS Vacancy, Won't Rule Out Vote to Confirm

Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) made a stunning reversal of her position on filling the vacancy left by Ruth Bader Ginsburg. According to a report from Alaska Public Media, Murkowski now can’t rule out voting to confirm a nominee before the election.

“I know everybody wants to ask the question, ‘will you confirm the nominee?’” she said. “We don’t have a nominee yet. You and I don’t know who that is. And so I can’t confirm whether or not I can confirm a nominee when I don’t know who the nominee is.”