US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
@bigredfish says it best that one should get their news from a variety of sources not just the ones that bolster your political views.

While working, I listen to Bloomberg radio. In the evening I watch the major network news. Later I may watch some Fox News.

While incoming fire has the right of way, if you’re not at least trying to get all sides then that incoming fire will shoot you in your foot.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
At least no one has to endure this this year, watch everything

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just wish I could find some news that wasn't filled with Trump hate and usually as the main point of the story no matter the original subject. Fox is filled with Trump haters, too, but it is one of a very few outlets that even run a story that might reflect well on Trump. Watching most any of the rest in the main stream you are missing a bunch of news,

The blatant censorship at big tech lays it out pretty well. The typical news consumer doesn't have a chance.

Reaction score
I just wish I could find some news that wasn't filled with Trump hate and usually as the main point of the story no matter the original subject
Yup, I agree. It used to be that there was maybe an 80-20 mix. But then the primaries got over and it began ramping to a 90-10 mix. The last few weeks it is basically 100% anti Trump. And like you said, it is reflected in just about any story written, even those that have nothing remotely to do with politics.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just wish I could find some news that wasn't filled with Trump hate and usually as the main point of the story no matter the original subject. Fox is filled with Trump haters, too, but it is one of a very few outlets that even run a story that might reflect well on Trump. Watching most any of the rest in the main stream you are missing a bunch of news,

The blatant censorship at big tech lays it out pretty well. The typical news consumer doesn't have a chance.
Yup, I agree. It used to be that there was maybe an 80-20 mix. But then the primaries got over and it began ramping to a 90-10 mix. The last few weeks it is basically 100% anti Trump. And like you said, it is reflected in just about any story written, even those that have nothing remotely to do with politics.
Pro Trump News • The Antidote To Media Bias • ProTrumpNews.com
One America News Network | Your Nation. Your News.
National Review: Conservative News, Opinion, Politics, Policy, & Current Events
Daily Caller
Whatfinger – Whatfinger News
DC Dirty Laundry • dcDirtyLaundry.com
The Epoch Times - Truth & Tradition. Fact Based. Unbiased. Accurate News

Reaction score
In the latest attempt to obtain the desired results, Maine implements Ranked-choice voting.

Ranked-choice voting, sometimes called "instant run-off voting," allows voters to choose their candidates in order of preference, by marking candidates as their first, second, third, and subsequent choices. The votes are tabulated in rounds, with the lowest-ranked candidates eliminated in each round until there are only two candidates left. The one who is determined to have received the majority of the votes (more than 50%) in the final round is declared the winner. It is different from our previous method of voting, in which voters choose only one candidate for each office and the winner is determined by plurality (whoever gets the most votes).

Me: why isn’t this being challenged? Or even discussed? Where did I hear of this? Bloomberg, who was promoting it. According to the interviewee, Gore and Clinton would have won.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess it's all a matter of perspective. From what I'm reading around here with so much utter nonsense being tossed around as "factual", this ctgoldwing fellow is about the only one marking any sense. But of course the truth really, really hurts. I feel your pain.

Dontcha just hate it when pesky facts get in the way of a good fairytale? Hows that "perspective" working out for ya?
Feds Confirm Biden Emails Are "Authentic"; '50 Former Intel Officials' Wrong On Russian Disinfo

Feds Confirm Biden Emails Are "Authentic"; '50 Former Intel Officials' Wrong On Russian Disinfo

Reaction score
Maybe that is why they are 'Former' intel officials? You know, anyone that works in any capacity in the intelligence community could call themselves an 'intel official'. Even a secretary, copy boy, or very low-level analyst.

Reaction score
A plane has five passengers on board: Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Nancy Pelosi, and a ten year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there is only four parachutes.

--

Dr Fauci, said “I need one, I have to help develop a cure for the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He straps on a parachute and jumps.

--

The pope said “I need one, I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps.

-- Pelosi said ‘‘I need one, I’m the smartest woman in the United States.” she takes one and jumps.

--

President Trump pauses for a moment and then turns to the 10-year-old. After a deep sigh, he says tenderly, "You can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only starting".

--

The child replies, "Don’t worry, there are two parachutes left. The smartest woman in the United States took my school backpack.

1603248926580.jpeg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Rudy Giuliani Breaking — Hunter Biden criminal evidence handed over to Delaware State Police… Pictures of underage girls and a ‘very sensitive’ text message…

JUST IN: Rudy Giuliani just confirmed on Greg Kelly’s show (Newsmax) that there are pictures of underage girls on Hunter Biden’s hard drive. The information has already been turned over to Delaware State Police.

Just now breaking it was a 14 year old relative of Hunter Biden.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Crosssroads with Joshua Phillip, Epoch Times take on the differences betweeen Trump vs Biden

Trump and Biden Policies: An In-Depth Look At What Exactly Trump's And Biden's Policies Are
Crossroads with JOSHUA PHILIPP

In this special feature episode we'll be taking an in-depth look at the policies of President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, ahead of the 2020 elections on November 3.

For this special report, we'll be making an effort to present the policies of each candidate as accurately as possible. We looked at their written policies, their public statements, and with President Trump, we also looked at policy he has already passed. We’ll be going through this with a bit of analysis to give a complete as picture as possible of their policies.

Reaction score
"Fighting" for change :mad: Code for Looting and Burning, and pulling people from their cars for a beat down. Or a young person walking up to a police car and shooting both officers point blank...."For Change"
Why would anyone want to be a LEO today? Oh, those that believe in justice! But, they enter the profession with a few hits...not good.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Trust me the Social Media sites are getting ready to feel the hurt of their actions. If their protection gets removed, the thousands of lawsuits that will start coming their way will make them change. How people get their news is by their generation. My Gen. still watches local TV News and/or via radio (driving to work), my Son mainly gets News via Facebook or Online. Our daughter's are glued to their phones, so their Gen. is Twitter/Facebook. Many times we have to correct what they receive on social media. We are met with very little opposition, they are very smart and can discern the Truth. What I do know is our kids are not as much into the News as our Gen. is

Most people under 30 only watch TV if they are watching something like Netflix or Sports or some show they like on a Major Network, but not News or even Weather unless there is a major storm in their area.
Cable News channels like CNN are also not watched much, if at all, by the younger generation, it is mainly our Gen. Our kids and their friends have told us this.

1603253929394.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Fighting" for change :mad: Code for Looting and Burning, and pulling people from their cars for a beat down. Or a young person walking up to a police car and shooting both officers point blank...."For Change"
I like how Biden can't even go on the road now. They have others, like Obama ratting the roads for him. As far as I can remember, Obama is the first former president that campaigned for someone running for president after they left office. You know, they must really be worried to ramp it up like this.