US Elections (& Politics) :)

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, 100% agree on their perceived hate crimes.

Don't tell em how easy it is to bump fire without a bump stock, using your belt loop. They will ban belt loops and we will all have sagging pants.

Hetticles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't see the problem with owning a full auto or why ownership should be restricted beyond basic NICS background check. Same thing with suppressors, SBRs, etc.
I could go buy a full auto MAC10 right now for $10,000 and a $250 tax stamp. I'd much rather buy a modern manufactured drop in auto-sear, I'll pay a $250 stamp still.

Repeal the NFA, don't expand it by re-defining words.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't see the problem with owning a full auto or why ownership should be restricted beyond basic NICS background check. Same thing with suppressors, SBRs, etc.
I could go buy a full auto MAC10 right now for $10,000 and a $250 tax stamp. I'd much rather buy a modern manufactured drop in auto-sear, I'll pay a $250 stamp still.

Its dumb logic from people who don't know a thing about guns. Criminals do not care about gun laws. If a criminal wants full auto, they will do it themselves. They are not going to a FFL to buy one.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

I dont either, and Im not agreeing with the NFA, but it has been the law for over 20 years

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A lot of it has to do with the idiots in Hollywood portraying things like suppressors as magic "silencers", making a firearm whisper quiet. Of course nobody wants that. But its not the case. You can still hear a suppressed shot from blocks away.

Their ignorance now means I have to risk permanent hearing damage if I need to defend my family inside my home if I can't get my ear protection on it time, because suppressors are illegal in my state. I follow laws, unlike the criminals.

Hetticles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My state (MN) recently legalized suppressors. Took like 10 months for all the paperwork to go through. BULLS***!!! Keeps the prices artificially high too.
Some day I'll get an SBR stamp, go suppressed.

Perhaps, some day, we can stop expanding the things we are not allowed to own.
Trump grabbed my stuff with no compensation by reinterpreting words and laws through executive order, not amending the broken NFA.
I'm willing to be bet they fight when Biden tries to do the exact same thing.
Complete nonsense.

I guess I'm still salty about it and not fully thinking it through. We'll see what happens.

Reaction score
My Range day is cancelled---- windy as all F here today. I actually need to sight in my trusty old .270 remington 700. I put a new scope on it months ago, and also did a little bit of work on the ~40 year old stock. Hoping for well under sub-1 Inch groups at 100. I have no desire to try to "guess" the effect of random 10 to 25 mph gusts on any given shot.... perhaps the wind will settle down closer to sunset.
FYI... I don't think Trump has a realistic chance here, but Gore-Bush took 37 days to figure out. Ahhhhhh... memories. :cool:

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a couple cans, a 22, 300AAC and a form1 9mm in progress. A side from first round pop, when using subs, the only thing you hear is the bolt cycling and the bullet hitting the target. They may not be Hollywood quiet, but you're not hearing me a block away, let alone several blocks.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Watched Jeopardy all my life, this fellow was an inspiration, I have to say, I know so much partly due to Jeopardy. If it wasn't for Alex being host, the show would not have existed for such a long time :)

We will miss him. I have always had problem pronouncing words, Alex I looked up to...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Damn, Twitter is a liberal-made machine
Be neither conservative nor liberal. Don't be in any category. Just Be yourself

1604858881919.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My Range day is cancelled---- windy as all F here today. I actually need to sight in my trusty old .270 remington 700. I put a new scope on it months ago, and also did a little bit of work on the ~40 year old stock. Hoping for well under sub-1 Inch groups at 100. I have no desire to try to "guess" the effect of random 10 to 25 mph gusts on any given shot.... perhaps the wind will settle down closer to sunset.
FYI... I don't think Trump has a realistic chance here, but Gore-Bush took 37 days to figure out. Ahhhhhh... memories. :cool:
64gr gold dot which is my go-to defensive round about 2 weeks ago sighting in a new Romeo5 red dot with a 3x magnifier. 50 yd zero (Sig 516 Gen2)
2E8228A4-6485-4B7B-92A3-E1234F246D16.jpeg

The 77gr TMK is more accurate than me but that bullet weight consistently hits 2” lower
BF7B4CC9-EB32-4CF7-917C-F10BEA878DC9.jpeg

Living the Life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trump should and will contest the election results especially since the official count is not over yet.
It hardly matters at this point. Too many people want a particular narrative to be true, therefore it will be true. There is no way any court cases will make it through the system before the meeting of the Electoral College. What will happen is that over the next few months you'll see evidence of fraud being presented, which will immediately be dismissed with "Yes, there was fraud in this instance, but it didn't affect the election results."

Biden is barely functioning. He is groping for words in his speeches. I don't doubt that we'll be hearing lots of grandiose plans from his "handlers" over the next two months. We can depend on an almost immediate ban on fracking. Let's see how much support the Biden (or perhaps Harris) presidency has when energy costs begin skyrocketing and companies start laying off workers. Wait until restaurants and small businesses everywhere begin shutting down due to new regulations imposed by the Department of Labor. That will be what turns things around for the Republicans: when voters see for themselves what happens to the economy under the Biden / Harris presidency.

On top of that, although Wall Street and Silicon Valley nominally supported Biden, that will flip around in an instant when their bottom lines start being threatened. Facebook, Google, Amazon, and Apple aren't going to sit on their hands and allow themselves to be broken up by rabid anti-capitalists.