US Elections (& Politics) :)

Hetticles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uh the Trump DOJ is rightly trying to break up massive tech companies. I hope Biden doubles down on this. This is a good thing.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh no, the World Health Organization is going to prosper next year

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Uh the Trump DOJ is rightly trying to break up massive tech companies. I hope Biden doubles down on this. This is a good thing.

Doubt Biden will pursue that. They helped get him elected.

Oh he’ll talk it up and put on a show, but if anything is actually gonna happen it will have to come from the Senate.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can Joe join paris green agreement if senate denies ?

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Obummer entered into the "Paris Accords" by signing it but the Senate never voted to ratify it. What happened next was that Obummer used his "pen and phone" to enact Executive Orders which bypass the Senate.

I'll have to get a shot of my target from my last trip to the range. Closer range shooting, but a 2-3/4 .357 isn't meant for long distances.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Obummer entered into the "Paris Accords" by signing it but the Senate never voted to ratify it. What happened next was that Obummer used his "pen and phone" to enact Executive Orders which bypass the Senate.
not sure if the court gets involve and l strike his executive order down

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That assumes, and we all know what that does, that someone objects and has the resources to mount a suit and the the Supreme Court decides to hear the case. That can be a very tall order because you need to show a Constitutional problem or that it conflicts with existing Federal Statutes.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The x number of Americans losing their job is chaos because of the shitty paris deal

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I gotta say, surprisingly little resistance to the fraudulent swap of the world's shining example of freedom for 244 years to a banana republic overnight.

That "Constitutionally protected" notion was good while it lasted.

Might as well line up to trade in your freedoms for a shiny woke badge.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lets be hones most of the politicians did not Like TRUMP because he was never a politician but a businessman/Honest who put america first. These corrupt politicians did not like TRUMP's way of work, they x amount of money these politicians made off bribery during TRUMPS term should have substantially declined from previous presidency terms.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes Yes, we all know what side Vox is on, how many sides are there in a circle?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Operation Warpspeed is still happening thanks to the efforts of the current POTUS and VPOTUS
let’s not forget

Reaction score
The one guarantee is that the executive, no matter who it is, will be grabbing additional power. Senate/house too divided to fix this problem and others with our process (TERM LIMITS!!!)
I read one criticism on term limits-- that it creates the danger of an overly empowered bureaucracy that truly "runs" the government as the elected officials are a revolving door....