US Elections (& Politics) :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Biden Rescinds Trump Order Banning Chinese Communist Involvement In US Power Grid

President Biden has revoked a Trump-era executive order that sought to keep foreign countries and companies out of America’s bulk power systems – principally entities associated with the Chinese Communist Party – as part of his “Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis.”
The executive order, which executes key tenets of President Biden’s climate change agenda, was released on the former Veep’s first day in office.
Section 7 of the massive order, which includes the revocation of the permit for the Keystone XL Pipeline, also revokes several climate and energy-focused executive orders penned by the Trump administration.
Subpoint C notes that “Executive Order 13920 of May 1, 2020 (Securing the United States Bulk-Power System), is hereby suspended for 90 days.”
The Trump-era order sought to ban, replace, and set new criteria on bulk-power system (BPS) electric equipment coming from a foreign country or national that poses a national security threat.
“Foreign adversaries are increasingly creating and exploiting vulnerabilities in the United States bulk-power system, which provides the electricity that supports our national defense, vital emergency services, critical infrastructure, economy, and way of life. The bulk-power system is a target of those seeking to commit malicious acts against the United States and its people, including malicious cyber activities, because a successful attack on our bulk-power system would present significant risks to our economy, human health and safety, and would render the United States less capable of acting in defense of itself and its allies,” the introduction to the executive order read.

Biden Rescinds Trump Order Banning Chinese Communist Involvement In US Power Grid (thenationalpulse.com)

My comment: What could possibly go wrong by having foreign involvement in our power grid. :(

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
They have more angles than a gangster's lawyers...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Video posted of protesters entering St Joseph’s Catholic Cathedral in Columbus, OH. Pro-Abortion group disrupted Religious worship, pushing through to the sanctuary and shouting profanities.

twitter.com/breeadail/status/1352902964369883136

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
if I’m not mistaken, your personal income tax is 45% and your sales tax is 20%

My income tax is roughly 25% and our sales tax here in a free state is 6.75%

Tax rates are of course complicated and one needs to take into account Social Security tax, VAT, and others, but it seems like free health care comes at a price no?

You are mistaken. Most pay less income tax. We pay fixed rates that include everything including social security:

BandTaxable incomeTax rate
Personal AllowanceUp to £12,5000%
Basic rate£12,501 to £50,00020%
Higher rate£50,001 to £150,00040%
Additional rateover £150,00045%

So, the 1st £12,500 is free and untaxed.

The next £50,000 is taxed at 20% (you still get the free £12,500 in addition to that)

Between £50,001 and £150,000 is taxed at 40% (you still get the 1st £12,500 free and the 1st £50,000 after that at 20%)

Over £150,000 is taxed at 45% (however, as before you get the 1st £12,500 free, the 1st £50,000 after that at 20% and the £100,000 between the £50k and £150k at 45%)

Examples:

Someone on £12,500 pa will pay no tax at all

Someone on £30,000 pa will pay tax at 20% on £17,500 only (£30k-12,500)

Someone on £62,500 pa will pay 20% tax on £50K only.

For that you get totally free Health Care - free A&E, free ambulances, free operations (ALL except cosmetic unless as a result of disfigurement or accident in which case free), free cancer care and drugs, free MRI / CT Scans / Xrays, free GP's, free consultants, free hospital stays, free mid wives, all with unlimited access, free physio, free health care visitors, free innoculations, subsidised Dental Care, prescriptions at a fixed cost irespective of the cost of the drug eg £10,000 per month you still pay a fixed £9.15 charge, subsidised or free eye care / tests / glasses for those on low income or with certain diseases in the family that make them prone to eye disease eg glaucoma, a comprehensive benefits system for unemployed or disabled people, free care homes for the elderly although it is means tested and those with savings will have to pay until the savings are exhausted down to I think £6K.

In the US you also pay additional income tax to your local municipality at between 1-10% of your income. In the UK we pay on house value and it's a fixed amount on average around £100 per month for a house of average value but that gives you free refuse collection, access to refuse dumps, free fire, police, libraries, education, comprehensive social care, maintenance of street furniture, trees, verges, roads, pavements, council housing for the poor (subsidised with cheap rents and free maintenance / decoration), free grafitti removal, free school meals for low income children, housing benefit, council tax benfit for those on low incomes, etc.

To give you an idea of Council services, a council website is here listing theirs: Welcome to Wiltshire Council - Wiltshire Council

Still think the US is system is better? Apart from your sales tax, our income tax is 5% cheaper for most low ot moderate income levels, with £12,500 free and all those benefits.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is he trying to say that mail in voting might promote fraud????????

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Let me add that the United States indirectly pays for the defense of Europe. If the European countries had to pay for their full defense things would be a lot different. Hell, a lot of the European countries are not even paying their full share of NATO.
Begging and kneeling works or maybe using our tax dollars and talking dirty to Americans who pays for their safety.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is he trying to say that mail in voting might promote fraud????????

Blah blah blah,
Shitty shitty bang bang
The worst is yet to come.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion there is so much soap opera shit going on between these two groups I'm done trying to follow it on the news. I feel like I've wasted a ton of time reading articles or watching videos that have arguing and proof that there is corruption. All to see nothing done to date....

I'm just going to vote down any Dem, any bill asking for money or a tax. I don't care what they say it will go to, I spent 40 years in CA and seen how that kind of policy ruins a state... I honestly can't see while I'm alive the Democrats changing to where I would actually consider ANY of their policies...

You get into arguments with friends you've known for 20+ years and might even end a friendship over the soap opera bull shit listed above...

Nothing will change till the media and school systems get out of the Liberal hands.
Oh man.. California... they've really dug a big pit.... ( as I watch companies and persons leaving.. )