Use the POE ports on my LTS LTN8708-P8 and use Blue Iris. Please help.

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This I my very first post. I've read many posts and learned a lot from reading this forum. My first NVR is a Zmodo package deal that works pretty good. It records motion and continuous recordings simultaneously and does a decent job.

I have purchased 5 Hikvision cameras along with an LTS LTN8708-P8 NVR. The NVR interface looks just like Hikvision interface and from what I've read it is a "rebranded" Hikvision. I was surprised when I first started learning the NVR to find out that unlike Blue Iris it seems to have no motion detection capabilities only recording. The cameras do all the work. I feel someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.

I am running Blue Iris on an old dual core Dell PC. It didn't take long to figure out in the video world it was like me, old and slow. I have made compromises that are satisfactory. I'm using the NVR's for continuous recording (main-streams) and pull the sub-streams to Blue Iris for motion. The old PC handles this setup fine. I like this setup. I get motion clips that are fine for my smart phone or tablet and suit my pathetic internet connection. If I see something of interest, I can go to the NVR's and search the time and camera.

Now, my issue...
I currently have the Hikvision POE cams running off a 10/100 POE switch, not plugged into the 8 dedicated POE ports. My NVR does have the "virtual host" mentioned in other posts. With a camera attached to the NVR POE port I can access it fine in IE using the virtual host link. When I add the camera to BI and use that address (the virtual host address "192.168.0.155:65005" I get no image. I can click on the blue link created in the BI camera setup page and immediately taken to the camera's login. I read that I needed to forward the "65005" to the external ip address of the NVR. Did that (or at least I'm pretty sure I did). No luck.

I'd really love to utilize the POE connections on my NVR. I'm missing something. Thanks in advance.