User and Password Issue

canmark

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using Blue Iris 4 with 8 cameras. Two are Amcrest IP2M-842 cameras. All cameras have assigned user and passwords in their camera configurations.

In Blue Iris > Video > Configure... I can put any or no user name and password for the IP2M-842 cameras and they will display video.

The other cameras will only accept user and password that is assigned to them.

If I log into Amcrest View all cameras will only accept the proper user and password, so they are working properly. The problem seems to be in Blue Iris only. Any ideas ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using Blue Iris 4 with 8 cameras. Two are Amcrest IP2M-842 cameras. All cameras have assigned user and passwords in their camera configurations.

In Blue Iris > Video > Configure... I can put any or no user name and password for the IP2M-842 cameras and they will display video.

The other cameras will only accept user and password that is assigned to them.

If I log into Amcrest View all cameras will only accept the proper user and password, so they are working properly. The problem seems to be in Blue Iris only. Any ideas ?
For starters the problem is not blue iris. Blue iris isnt doing anything wrong. Its your cameras that are serving up video without authentication. You likely have authentication disabled in the camera. Make sure anonymous login is not selected. Regardless, you should not be exposing your cameras to the internet by way of upnp/port forward or p2p.

canmark

n3wb
Reaction score
For starters the problem is not blue iris. Blue iris isnt doing anything wrong. Its your cameras that are serving up video without authentication. You likely have authentication disabled in the camera. Make sure anonymous login is not selected. Regardless, you should not be exposing your cameras to the internet by way of upnp/port forward or p2p.
My anonymous login, port forwarding, upnp and p2p are all disabled. All other cameras are good except for the IP2M-842's

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My anonymous login, port forwarding, upnp and p2p are all disabled. All other cameras are good except for the IP2M-842's
check that onvif requires authentication.Doesnt really matter. Dont port expose them to the net. Who cares about the password.
I think there was an issue in some early dahua firmware that allowed unauthenticated rtsp or onvif access.

canmark

n3wb
Reaction score
check that onvif requires authentication.Doesnt really matter. Dont port expose them to the net. Who cares about the password.
I think there was an issue in some early dahua firmware that allowed unauthenticated rtsp or onvif access.
I did read about someone else that had the same problem with this cam but never did solve it. There are no firmware updates anymore.

Is there a security issue using the cameras with the password issue ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did read about someone else that had the same problem with this cam but never did solve it. There are no firmware updates anymore.

Is there a security issue using the cameras with the password issue ?
There is no security issue if they are not exposed to the internet