User error with Dahua NVR5216-4KS2

Bajashane

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I accidentally switched my screen resolution to the highest setting on my NVR and the monitor screen went black. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I accidentally switched my screen resolution to the highest setting on my NVR and the monitor screen went black. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks
Login via the web interface and change it back

Bajashane

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you i am learning as i go. But i do not know how to login via interface

Dnelsonct

n3wb
Reaction score
I would login to network router and look at list for all network devices. Alternative, you usually can see all the network devices from clients running Windows or MacOS, etc.

If I could not do that, I might determine IP of my current device increment +1 and try each IP address individually. Assuming you used DHCP, the typical algorithm allocates IP addresses sequentially. For example if my current device had an IP address of 192.16.0.24, I would type 192.16.0.25 into my browser and see if I get a login prompt back, rinse and repeat 192.16.0.26...until you find the NVR.

This also assumes you know the an id/password for the NVR.

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Windows command prompt: arp -a
This command from Windows command prompt has helped me find and identify devices on my network in the past.
Hope this helps.

Bajashane

n3wb
Reaction score
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
I still havent had anyluck getting my NVR to work for me any suggestions?

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is your computer in that picture in the same network range as the NVR? If it’s not then that might explain why you can’t access your nvr when going to its IP address.

Bajashane

n3wb
Reaction score
Is your computer in that picture in the same network range as the NVR? If it’s not then that might explain why you can’t access your nvr when going to its IP address.
im not quite sure what a Network Range is i am learning as i go how can i check?

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How to Find the IP Address of Your PC

IIRC, I had to deactivate security warnings in I.E. Also add the NVR Ip to I.E. trusted sites. I may have reduced the security level to medium for the site as well, can't remember exactly. It's at medium now anyways.
Try that..

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Was this resolved ? It looks like his config tool found the NVR, sometimes the NVR will hang up on the webGui side and a simple reboot will fix this. I have had this happen when remote viewing on crappy lans, the Business side of the NVr is still doing its thing but you can not log into it remotely.