User limitations on the host pc

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to restrict clips from being deleted on the host pc running BI? It is a multiuser pc and I want to keep anyone from deleting clips. I see the USER screen in options but dont quite understand how to log into BI as a specific user. Is it based on windows users? HELP LOL

UPDATE: I found out that the problem has to be BI. I was able to set up a non-admin windows user and set the BI folders permissions to NOT allow this user to delete files. It works in Windows Explorer and the user CANNOT delete a file BUT in BI, logged in as a non-admin user, files are easily deleted from the clip list. I emailed BI support and asked for help.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to restrict clips from being deleted on the host pc running BI? It is a multiuser pc and I want to keep anyone from deleting clips. I see the USER screen in options but dont quite understand how to log into BI as a specific user. Is it based on windows users? HELP LOL

UPDATE: I found out that the problem has to be BI. I was able to set up a non-admin windows user and set the BI folders permissions to NOT allow this user to delete files. It works in Windows Explorer and the user CANNOT delete a file BUT in BI, logged in as a non-admin user, files are easily deleted from the clip list. I emailed BI support and asked for help.
the solution is simply, stop using a general purpose pc for blue iris, its silly and will cause many other issues.