User rights for mic function...

KiniliM

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all,

My basic question ;

We've been asked to intsall some ip cameras with built in mic and so client can access to mic function should they need to,

So far so good, we have setup ip cameras but now client is basically saying he wants under no circumstances other users to be able to use the mic, he wants different type of user groupps and managers to be able to login from their apps and use mic function but some users not to.

I am not going to argue regarding the privacy issue, i am aware you should only switch mic on when everyones aware.

Can i create two user groups one through admin and one user level?

So far seems like i couldnt do it, anyone can help?

Its the ip cameras btw

Thanks

Matt

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi all,

My basic question ;

We've been asked to intsall some ip cameras with built in mic and so client can access to mic function should they need to,

So far so good, we have setup ip cameras but now client is basically saying he wants under no circumstances other users to be able to use the mic, he wants different type of user groupps and managers to be able to login from their apps and use mic function but some users not to.

I am not going to argue regarding the privacy issue, i am aware you should only switch mic on when everyones aware.

Can i create two user groups one through admin and one user level?

So far seems like i couldnt do it, anyone can help?

Its the ip cameras btw

Thanks

Matt
I dont believe you can...you will need to move to a vms with more custom options...