User UI3 Login & Camera View Customization

Which HDD Manufacturer do you like the best?

• Seagate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba

• Patriot

• Other

• No Preference

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Forgive any silly questions as I'm still learning the software.

Backstory:
I am helping a friend with a veterinary clinic IP camera surveillance installation. Veterinary clinics regularly board animals through holidays, etc. Modern facilities typically allow pet owners to log into cameras and check in on their pets for peace of mind, etc. This can also be charged out as a premium feature.

I've successfully configured the camera feeds, triggers, recording, users, camera groups, DDNS, and remote access to the server. Everything is working flawlessly on the Dell 7060 we purchased.

1. We would like to hide many of the controls in UI3 for client user access. I've adjusted the permissions and they can only do a few things and view specific camera feeds, but the PTZ controls and the CPU information are not necessary. Can we hide that from their window by adjusting the "Homepage" option in Edit User? Perhaps an On Login action? Ideally, the customer would log in with the camera auto-maximized to the browser window.
  2. Can I edit the login page of UI3 to include a logo? Can I adjust the colors in the .htm file? I wanted to make sure that I do not break anything prior to adjusting the code.
Maybe there is a better way to allow customers to log into specific cameras to check in on their pets? Maybe using the web server is not the best way. The only requirement here is that a client needs to be able to access a web portal and log into a camera or group of cameras with a username/password. There also needs to be a simple mechanism for clinic staff to manage and change users/passwords. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

Do you have any experience at all with web development? (html, css, javascript) Most of the changes you want for UI3 are possible with some simple modifications, but there is a bit of a learning curve if you are completely unfamiliar with the technology behind UI3.

If properly tuned, UI3 is a fine way to give them access.

Reaction score
Hi

Do you have any experience at all with web development? (html, css, javascript) Most of the changes you want for UI3 are possible with some simple modifications, but there is a bit of a learning curve if you are completely unfamiliar with the technology behind UI3.

If properly tuned, UI3 is a fine way to give them access.
Thanks for the response! :) I do have experience with web development but didn't want to break any internals or force myself to reinstall something if I mess it up. If this was for my personal system, I'd have already given it a try.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent. Read the UI Extensions section of UI3 Help: UI3 Help

Be sure to make a backup copy of any files you add to the BI web server directories however, since there have been cases where BI screws up the UI3 installation and deletes the ui3 subfolder during a BI update (this is not supposed to happen).

You should be able to use CSS to hide a lot of the unwanted stuff. In some cases a little JavaScript may be necessary.

There is currently no supported way to modify the login page. That is simply going to be replaced after every BI update.

Reaction score
Shoot, I did read the UI3 Help file. I just didn't see the extensions page. Thank you so much!